This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962541 by mikethe3rd
09 Oct 2023, 19:02
Tried the Global Entry app for the first time last week. Worked extremely well. You’ll need data enabled on your phone or a WiFi connection to be able to use it.

Snapped a selfie in the app upon arrival in MIA, and then I just got waved on through. Very strange entering the US without showing a passport or using a machine, but most welcome!

Only currently available in MIA, MCO, ATL, LAX, IAH, SEA, PIT & IAD. Search your relevant App Store for Global Entry.
#962543 by Kraken
09 Oct 2023, 20:28
mikethe3rd wrote:Tried the Global Entry app for the first time last week. Worked extremely well. You’ll need data enabled on your phone or a WiFi connection to be able to use it.

Snapped a selfie in the app upon arrival in MIA, and then I just got waved on through. Very strange entering the US without showing a passport or using a machine, but most welcome!

Only currently available in MIA, MCO, ATL, LAX, IAH, SEA, PIT & IAD. Search your relevant App Store for Global Entry.

Have just read an article about this and it says as above, snap a selfie, possibly confirm some details "and you receive a digital receipt". This has got to be to your smartphone - I thought pulling out a smartphone in the immigration or customs area was an absolute no-no, if the officer. EDIT, I realise you must use the App prior to the immigration hall, but if the officer wants to see the receipt... IT systems are not infallible.

Back in June I used the GE Kiosk [no paper slip issued] the Immigration Officer just asked me my name and waved me through.
#962779 by markyl
14 Nov 2023, 23:19
More airports have been added to the App

List of Airports:
CLT - Charlotte Douglas International Airport
MDW - Chicago Midway International Airport
ORD - Chicago O'Hare International Airport
DFW - Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport
FLL - Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
IAH - George Bush Intercontinental Airport
LAS - Harry Reid International Airport
ATL - Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport
LAX - Los Angeles International Airport
MIA - Miami International Airport
MSP - Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
MCO - Orlando International Airport
PIT - Pittsburgh International Airport
SEA - Seattle Tacoma International Airport
TPA - Tampa International Airport
IAD - Washington Dulles International Airport

16 Airports now - LAS Now Added
#962919 by markyl
06 Dec 2023, 15:13
Updated List of Airports:

BDA - LF Wade International Airport
AHU - Abu Dhabi International Airport
CLT - Charlotte Douglas International Airport
MDW - Chicago Midway International Airport
ORD - Chicago O'Hare International Airport
DFW - Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport
FLL - Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
IAH - George Bush Intercontinental Airport
LAS - Harry Reid International Airport
ATL - Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport
LAX - Los Angeles International Airport
NAS - Lynden Pindling Airport
MIA - Miami International Airport
MSP - Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
MCO - Orlando International Airport
PIT - Pittsburgh International Airport
AUA - Queen Beatrix Internal Airport
SEA - Seattle Tacoma International Airport
SNN - Shannon Airport
TPA - Tampa International Airport
IAD - Washington Dulles International Airport

21 Airports now
#962921 by Kraken
08 Dec 2023, 00:39
Having used the "new style" Global Entry Kiosks where you don't even have to touch the screen last weekend at Orlando, I'd say the benefit of using the GE Mobile App is 10 seconds time saving. We walked straight up to the new kiosks, looked at the screen, got the green circle with the tick in it. Over to the desk and the officer just said our names & "you're both good to go". The total process was under 30 seconds.

Admittedly, if there is a queue for the GE kiosks then the App will save you some time - and you won't know if there is a queue until you are in the immigration hall... where mobile phones are not allowed to be used. I also vaguely recall seeing a video [probably on Youtube] demonstrating the new App - I recall that the approval ticket (i.e. the green tick on the kiosk screen) had a countdown timer on it indicating it would time-out. If this is the case you could be stuffed if you use the GE App once the aircraft leaves the runway & you get delays on the taxi to stand / get a stand a long walk from immigration.
#962922 by tontybear
08 Dec 2023, 13:58
I have yet to see anyone (bar once) being pulled uo for having their phone out in the immigration hall. what they don't want is people making calls and delaying the queue ot taking photos.

The one time the guy was an absolute oaf who ansered his phone whilst being processed and decided the call was more important than immigration. Lets just say the processing ceased and he was sent for secondary. And since there was a flight from an exotic destination recently arrived generating a lot of secondaries he would have had quite a wait.

I think I heard a 'my senator will hear about this ..' but that cuts no mustard with the CBP.
#962929 by mikethe3rd
10 Dec 2023, 00:20
Very interesting… bizarre that none of the usual blogs have picked that up.

Worth nothing that the MPC app is different to the GE app and the list of airports is different.
Virgin Atlantic