This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962976 by Murraymint
17 Dec 2023, 14:18
Just noticed some changes on our booking for next April/May. Outbound VS73 leaving 2 hours later than originally scheduled (but changed from A333 to A35K, so my first experience of the leisure configuration cabin and we’ve been placed in 1D & G) and return VS76 leaving around 2.5 hours earlier than originally scheduled (still A330). No email from VS, just noticed the change on the App which I now regularly check.

Even managed to cancel and rebook my car with Alamo through Auto Europe and saved myself £50 :-D

You may wish to check any similar bookings you have.
#962978 by catsilversword
17 Dec 2023, 16:18
Have all had a change of flight timing (though TPA-LHR), but ours is now two hours later, meaning a longer wait at the airport. Or extend car hire and pay extra (you win here Allan, you’re saving, we wouldn’t be!).

It’s annoying, we now have a late evening flight. Last day is always a bit weird, having flight put back doesn’t help!
#962979 by Kraken
17 Dec 2023, 17:25
Keep an eye on the seat map for the A350-1000 - last Summer Virgin were running LHR config 350's on the MAN-MCO route some days - Upper Class was full on the one we went on too.

Out flights earlier this month (both A330-300's had a schedule change). Outbound got bought forward by an hour & inbound was a 21:50 departure, as opposed to the original 18:30. Alamo were extremely unhelpful & could not amend the original car booking - we had to cancel the original for a full refund and rebook. What is weird is on the rebooked reservation, "something" still tagged the drop-off time as 16:00 (so about right for a 18:30 flight). When we dropped the car off at about 18:30, they wanted an extra days rental fee as we had exceeded the 30mins leeway they allow. A quick trip to the service booth in the Alamo garage had this sorted - the agent just amended our drop off time to 16:05.
#962980 by CommanderB
17 Dec 2023, 17:32
Kraken wrote:Keep an eye on the seat map for the A350-1000 - last Summer Virgin were running LHR config 350's on the MAN-MCO route some days - Upper Class was full on the one we went on too.

That was Mondays I believe. Always scheduled as full config 35K's. No idea why.

VS will rotate aircraft around these leisure routes quite often depending on the loads. I wouldn't be surprised to see this change again between now and departure.
#962992 by EstelleB
18 Dec 2023, 14:30
We've had our August flights moved earlier by 2 hours 20 minutes, so seems that all MAN-MCO flights are shifting around!

Really annoying for us as it means getting to the airport very early, but the change is within the magic 3 hour window for getting any decent customer service!
Virgin Atlantic