This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965614 by Lucydog
08 Aug 2022, 11:14
Nothing on there for me at all. I just dont like fancy food. I mostly take my own which our lovely virgin staff worry that i dont want anything on offer. But they do offer me more drinks. Its fine i dont mind and they do ask me to look at premium and economy menu just in case i like somthing. sometimes i do partake.
#965624 by David1946
08 Aug 2022, 21:18
Fully agree with Lucydog, too fancy. In fact the light bites look more appetizing!!! Are these menus to satisfy the customer or the designing chef
#965625 by OCdreamin
08 Aug 2022, 21:26
David1946 wrote:Fully agree with Lucydog, too fancy. In fact the light bites look more appetizing!!! Are these menus to satisfy the customer or the designing chef

I see nothing wrong with the choices, & don’t really get the description ‘too fancy’ as applying to the whole menu.
While keeping in mind that this menu is intended to appeal to VS Upper Class travellers, as part of their experience, what dish would you like to see there?
#965628 by gumshoe
08 Aug 2022, 22:34
OCdreamin wrote:
David1946 wrote:Fully agree with Lucydog, too fancy. In fact the light bites look more appetizing!!! Are these menus to satisfy the customer or the designing chef

I see nothing wrong with the choices, & don’t really get the description ‘too fancy’ as applying to the whole menu.
While keeping in mind that this menu is intended to appeal to VS Upper Class travellers, as part of their experience, what dish would you like to see there?

Agreed. Breaded chicken really isn’t fancy!
#965629 by Always after a deal
08 Aug 2022, 22:42
Hi
We ordered the Pea Soup with Cheese toastie from the pre flight online ordering system. It was very nice and not to fancy.
My boys got bread rolls and cheese from the Virgin Clubhouse and made cheese sandwiches. I had taken some zip lock bags to put the sandwich in once made.

Kathleen
#965630 by Kraken
08 Aug 2022, 22:48
I would like to see beef back on the menu... I bet many of our US based friends would too. The light bite mini burgers were lovely.

But "Beardie" has spoken [even though he has b*gger all to do with VS on a day-to-day basis. Apparently beef is unsustainable. Try telling an American that!
#965631 by OCdreamin
08 Aug 2022, 23:34
Well Kraken, there is plenty on the VS website and press releases about planet, net zero and sustainability, regardless of any public statements by Sir RB!
#965632 by Janeclar
08 Aug 2022, 23:49
We are trying Aer Lingus business class MAN-MCO this Winter because my husband is so fed up with not being able to get beef on VS!
#965633 by nkp85uk
09 Aug 2022, 08:54
I had no idea people were so obsessed with eating beef? You'd change your airline because they never have beef on the menu - what, because you have to eat beef every day? Or every meal?

Or do I misunderstand? Is it a political statement because you disagree with VS' reasons for removing beef?
#965644 by lorelai
09 Aug 2022, 16:33
Are you flying from Heathrow? I just pre-ordered and there are some lovely things, the majority of us have gone with meatballs!
#965647 by AlanA
09 Aug 2022, 21:18
nkp85uk wrote:I had no idea people were so obsessed with eating beef? You'd change your airline because they never have beef on the menu - what, because you have to eat beef every day? Or every meal?

Or do I misunderstand? Is it a political statement because you disagree with VS' reasons for removing beef?

Damned right! I am not being dictated to by woke BS that cattle are unsustainable. As someone who’s family had a milking herd I don’t want my choices dictated to by people who haven’t lived in the real world
#965648 by lorelai
09 Aug 2022, 21:24
zjc wrote:Meatballs? Is that a new menu!

It's on the preorder option. There are loads of things, the three things you can get onboard (chicken, prawn curry and goats cheese tart), a load of curries and I think a pea soup and cheese toastie. I think you get the link to it 72 hours before your flight. Theres a thread on here somewhere about it.
#965649 by mikethe3rd
09 Aug 2022, 21:54
I flew BA F earlier this year and had the beef. Big mistake. I forgot how hit-or-miss it can be in the sky. I actually welcome Virgin’s decision as it takes away the gamble.

But hey, if beef is the thing you care about, go for gold… albeit not with Virgin.
#965650 by OCdreamin
09 Aug 2022, 22:43
AlanA wrote:
nkp85uk wrote:I had no idea people were so obsessed with eating beef? You'd change your airline because they never have beef on the menu - what, because you have to eat beef every day? Or every meal?

Damned right! I am not being dictated to by woke BS that cattle are unsustainable. As someone who’s family had a milking herd I don’t want my choices dictated to by people who haven’t lived in the real world

Actually we all live in the real world; just some people on this planet have more awareness and concern for human impact. Those who denounce this as ‘Woke BS’ are apparently happy to see our plant burn… and justify it with ignorant slogans.
#965659 by mosnny
10 Aug 2022, 13:36
It does seem to be dubious virtue signalling to cancel very popular beef as a menu choice because of the effect on the planet...

whilst still buying extra aircraft which over 20 years emit millions of tons of CO2 each.

These new planes have lots of real leather seats, so if VS can use the skin of a cow why can't they use the meat?

If they really wanted to woke-up and save the planet they should stop flying.
#965671 by JohnF
11 Aug 2022, 17:08
OCDreamin are you seriously suggesting that all the cattle in the world should be neutered so that they are eradicated?
#965672 by mitchja
11 Aug 2022, 17:18
Just a polite reminder to keep the thread on topic please discussing the current onboard menu.
#965673 by OCdreamin
11 Aug 2022, 17:35
JohnF wrote:OCDreamin are you seriously suggesting that all the cattle in the world should be neutered so that they are eradicated?

I have no idea where in my post it says anything like this, but rather than argue with you, and in the spirit of mitcha’s timely reminder, let me restate that I find the current VS menu limited, but sufficiently varied. Not bothered if they choose not to offer beef, which as someone pointed out, can be disappointing on board aircraft.

Did enjoy swordfish onboard a rival airline this week, though my wife thought it a bit dry. VS definitely offer better meal and wine service!
Virgin Atlantic