This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965661 by catsilversword
10 Aug 2022, 17:14
Help please! I’d assumed letters of attestation had to be submitted online, within the necessary 72 hours - but the link provided by Virgin is a PDF, so does this mean you print and complete? I can’t otherwise see how to sign it. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here???

Thanks in advance!
#965667 by mallin
11 Aug 2022, 11:12
We are travelling in a few weeks to Colorado with BA do we still need to do this attestation form as we did it at the airport last time as they do not accept hard copies? Many thanks Linda
#965668 by Murraymint
11 Aug 2022, 12:34
mallin wrote:We are travelling in a few weeks to Colorado with BA do we still need to do this attestation form as we did it at the airport last time as they do not accept hard copies? Many thanks Linda

When we travelled to the US with BA in April, we used the Verifly App to upload our documents including the attestation. It worked well for us.
#965669 by flyingfox
11 Aug 2022, 12:42
Murraymint wrote:
mallin wrote:We are travelling in a few weeks to Colorado with BA do we still need to do this attestation form as we did it at the airport last time as they do not accept hard copies? Many thanks Linda

When we travelled to the US with BA in April, we used the Verifly App to upload our documents including the attestation. It worked well for us.

There is also a link through the “Manage My Booking” on the BA website, it becomes active about 48hours out but this is the link here
#965670 by OCdreamin
11 Aug 2022, 16:27
BA insist on submission of documents via VeriFly. However this is useless if connecting from MAN, and perhaps other regional airports. We submitted the docs and both received Ready to Fly approval certificates several days prior. But when online check-in opened, it wouldn’t work and we kept getting error responses.

BA customer services gave a number of possible reasons for the problem, none very convincing. They never looked into our booking to investigate. An email exchange with VeriFLY quickly confirmed no problem with our docs or status.

Only on arrival at MAN check-in desk we were told “No-one can use VeriFly from Manchester”.
Obviously we had our COVID ‘passes’ and printed Passenger Attestation Forms with us.
We complained to BA about this lack of transparency via their feedback survey and have just been ignored.
Hope this is helpful to others in similar situation.
#965674 by mallin
11 Aug 2022, 17:40
We went from Heathrow at the end of March, so first time in travelling in over 2 years. Itv was a learning experience, Thankfully we don’t have to do the pre covid tests.

Check in agent was very good and did our attestation for us. We were amazed how busy it was only just got a parking space in the terminal 5 short term, after going on to each level several times.

Standing room only in the Galleries lounge, although after eventually getting a seat the ordering of food was very good.

We are staying overnight in the Renaissance as we like the rooms and excellent breakfasts, they never disappoint. Their parking was nearly full and again had to do many times round to find a spot.

Hoping it will be better in a few weeks when the children have gone back to school.
#965676 by catsilversword
11 Aug 2022, 18:34
mallin wrote:We went from Heathrow at the end of March, so first time in travelling in over 2 years. Itv was a learning experience, Thankfully we don’t have to do the pre covid tests.

Check in agent was very good and did our attestation for us. We were amazed how busy it was only just got a parking space in the terminal 5 short term, after going on to each level several times.

Standing room only in the Galleries lounge, although after eventually getting a seat the ordering of food was very good.

We are staying overnight in the Renaissance as we like the rooms and excellent breakfasts, they never disappoint. Their parking was nearly full and again had to do many times round to find a spot.

Hoping it will be better in a few weeks when the children have gone back to school.

I remember you commenting about the form on your last trip (hadn’t heard of the form before then!). We travel in about a month and, like you, are hoping it’s a little less frantic, as school will have started again.

I can’t quite believe it’ll be three years since we last left the country….
#965677 by mitchja
11 Aug 2022, 19:13
Just to confirm, VS are indeed linking to the online manual print PDF version of the Attestation form, I've I've just received my T-7days email & SMS and both have the same link :-O

No idea why they are not linking to the online version?
#965685 by catsilversword
12 Aug 2022, 16:35
mitchja wrote:Just to confirm, VS are indeed linking to the online manual print PDF version of the Attestation form, I've I've just received my T-7days email & SMS and both have the same link :-O

No idea why they are not linking to the online version?

I’m glad I’m not going round the twist then!
Virgin Atlantic