This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965426 by profmatt
22 Jul 2022, 13:57
For the first time I’ve managed to achieved Gold status with the Flying Club. The flight that pushed me over the top had to be entered manually for some reason.

Anyhoo, I’m wondering if I get sent anything for this like a welcome pack, or physical card.

I’m old enough to remember being sent plastic luggage tags when I got Silver for the first time back in the 1990s.
#965433 by CommanderB
22 Jul 2022, 16:49
Welcome to the club!

You used to get the plastic card sent out, sometimes days after achieving it, other times it would take months. I would expect that still happens but not sure.

Other than that, nothing. Your status changes in your account and that's it. The real fun is your first Gold trip using the clubhouse etc.
#966044 by siralgie
21 Sep 2022, 20:47
I’ve been gold 3 months and had nothing but trouble getting it, all Virgins errors. I only knew it was Gold looking on my Virgin app and have received nothing from Virgin notifying me
#966046 by mitchja
22 Sep 2022, 15:35
A few months ago, whilst chatting to Flying Club, I also asked about getting a couple of replacement Gold bag tags as the ones I have are battered now, however, the agent seemed to think they are now no longer offered (along with membership cards). He was going to send an email to Flying Club support to check and nothing ever turned up so I presume his info was accurate.

My AU account resets at the end of this month so I will see what happens then as well.
#966047 by Josephcd19
22 Sep 2022, 17:05
siralgie wrote:I’ve been gold 3 months and had nothing but trouble getting it, all Virgins errors. I only knew it was Gold looking on my Virgin app and have received nothing from Virgin notifying me

Likewise, i actually got refused access to the JFK Clubhouse two weeks ago as the system wasnt showing me as gold for some reason....Not good
Virgin Atlantic