This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#929103 by Lonemorf
19 Nov 2016, 21:58
According to my account history, I have taken flights to destinations I have never been to, and some how I have 1275 Tier points, and have not flown since march (on flights to destinations I have never been to).
I wonder if I claim all my missing miles from the 17 round trips i have made since march they will give me those too :D

What a fecking shambles.
#929109 by narikin
20 Nov 2016, 00:15
They should reset ALL accounts as they have been late sending out new FC numbers, and most people have got locked out through no fault of their own. Save themselves, and us, a lot of time.
#929147 by catsilversword
21 Nov 2016, 10:08
I THINK I've now managed to update my account - although, does everyone else find they have to 'choose' two security questions on logging in?

However, OH hasn't been able to update his account, mainly because we've both used my email up to now. So it's a call to Virgin. So far, been on hold for 10 minutes (I know this isn't long, in the scheme of things), but am wondering if the call will be answered before I need to charge my phone. I hope not, as my phone is showing 90% charge!
#929148 by DoomWolf
21 Nov 2016, 10:31
catsilversword wrote:I THINK I've now managed to update my account - although, does everyone else find they have to 'choose' two security questions on logging in?

However, OH hasn't been able to update his account, mainly because we've both used my email up to now. So it's a call to Virgin. So far, been on hold for 10 minutes (I know this isn't long, in the scheme of things), but am wondering if the call will be answered before I need to charge my phone. I hope not, as my phone is showing 90% charge!

Are you accessing your account using the Safari browser (on Mac or iPad)? It doesn't appear to save your chosen security questions and answers in Safari, but does seem to save them correctly in Chrome or Firefox.
#929149 by catsilversword
21 Nov 2016, 12:09
Yes, am using safari. I know a few of you have mentioned problems with this browser! We spent 30 minutes this morning In the end, speaking to flying club - they kept sending a link to re-set the password for OH, and that email link (several of them, in fact!) just kept sendings us round in circles. The guy at the other end of the phone couldn't sort it out, so he's supposed to call back about 12 today,

Meantime, we tried clearing down cookies and it now works!!! The whole safari thing though - my account is still asking me to set security questions, but my husband's account doesn't. And both of us use safari!
#929376 by backdoc
26 Nov 2016, 03:13
The site seems to work much better with Firefox. When I answered the security questions, that I have to answer every time with Safari, I got an email that my account had been updated.

The Known Traveler Number field won't update, it seems to want the "Redress Number" along with it, which makes zero sense, even with Firefox.

The roll-out of this website has been a Poop-Show to say the least.

I flew on the 15th and the 23rd and have not gotten credit for either. My partner flew 4 legs on Delta using his VS number and got credited the next day after flight. Go Figure.

Steve

catsilversword wrote:Yes, am using safari. I know a few of you have mentioned problems with this browser! We spent 30 minutes this morning In the end, speaking to flying club - they kept sending a link to re-set the password for OH, and that email link (several of them, in fact!) just kept sendings us round in circles. The guy at the other end of the phone couldn't sort it out, so he's supposed to call back about 12 today,

Meantime, we tried clearing down cookies and it now works!!! The whole safari thing though - my account is still asking me to set security questions, but my husband's account doesn't. And both of us use safari!
#929386 by Silver Fox
26 Nov 2016, 10:54
For the redress number I had to enter 00, for some it seemed to work with 0, and that allowed the KTN to be entered.

I also just noticed that they have omitted my middle name from my profile and it is not possible for me to add it in myself. Strangely for my mate on the same booking and in his profile they have kept it.

backdoc wrote:The site seems to work much better with Firefox. When I answered the security questions, that I have to answer every time with Safari, I got an email that my account had been updated.

The Known Traveler Number field won't update, it seems to want the "Redress Number" along with it, which makes zero sense, even with Firefox.

I flew on the 15th and the 23rd and have not gotten credit for either. My partner flew 4 legs on Delta using his VS number and got credited the next day after flight. Go Figure.

Steve

catsilversword wrote:Yes, am using safari. I know a few of you have mentioned problems with this browser! We spent 30 minutes this morning In the end, speaking to flying club - they kept sending a link to re-set the password for OH, and that email link (several of them, in fact!) just kept sendings us round in circles. The guy at the other end of the phone couldn't sort it out, so he's supposed to call back about 12 today,

#929399 by backdoc
26 Nov 2016, 18:53
Thanks! Entering "0" into the redress field worked and allowed me to enter my KTN.

I'll be making my 5th call about getting credited for my flights on 15Nov and 23Nov, I won't "wait until the system settles down".

Steve

Silver Fox wrote:For the redress number I had to enter 00, for some it seemed to work with 0, and that allowed the KTN to be entered.

I also just noticed that they have omitted my middle name from my profile and it is not possible for me to add it in myself. Strangely for my mate on the same booking and in his profile they have kept it.

backdoc wrote:The site seems to work much better with Firefox. When I answered the security questions, that I have to answer every time with Safari, I got an email that my account had been updated.

Steve

#929414 by mitchja
27 Nov 2016, 13:51
Hopefully my maths is correct here, but the entire system is now just utterly bonkers when I will now earn more VS tier points flying on Delta in First between SFO>LAX return which a total of just 676 miles and cost ~£250 than I will flying VS in Premium TALT between MAN>JFK on a K fare (~£750) which is 6660 miles >-( >-( >-(

DL SFO>LAX return flight in First 676miles = 150 TP's
VS return flight MAN>JFK in Premium 6660miles = 100 TP's
#929415 by backdoc
27 Nov 2016, 13:59
Yes, its crazy, but for those of us on the West Coast, it makes it easy to maintain Gold status by flying ridiculous tier point runs on Delta. My partner flew LAX-SEA-SLC-SEA-LAX in one day in First on 18Nov on Delta for $550.60, which earned 300 Tier Points. The Tier Points were credited in 2 days. I flew LAX-LHR RT in UC 15Nov-23Nov on VS and still have no credit for my flights. >-(

Steve

mitchja wrote:Hopefully my maths is correct here, but the entire system is now just utterly bonkers when I will now earn more VS tier points flying on Delta in First between SFO>LAX return which a total of just 676 miles and cost ~£250 than I will flying VS in Premium TALT between MAN>JFK on a K fare (~£750) which is 6660 miles >-( >-( >-(

DL SFO>LAX return flight in First 676miles = 150 TP's
VS return flight MAN>JFK in Premium 6660miles = 100 TP's
#929416 by gumshoe
27 Nov 2016, 14:24
backdoc wrote:Yes, its crazy, but for those of us on the West Coast, it makes it easy to maintain Gold status by flying ridiculous tier point runs on Delta.

Make the most of that while you still can.

Oli from Virgin hinted upthread that he's well aware of that anomaly and it will be addressed next year.
#929419 by backdoc
27 Nov 2016, 16:05
Figures. >-(

Its really making me rethink the actual value of Flying Club Gold and whether I want to bother to fly Virgin Atlantic next year, except of course to use up my miles.

I haven't flown Economy or Premium Economy in maybe 6 years so I already get Clubhouse access flying UC. I had banked almost 400K of Flying Club miles and then they have the nerve to devalue them.

I get half of my yearly tier point requirement by flying VS from LAX to Johannesburg every year for Christmas. I can use a different airline.

Steve

gumshoe wrote:
backdoc wrote:Yes, its crazy, but for those of us on the West Coast, it makes it easy to maintain Gold status by flying ridiculous tier point runs on Delta.

Make the most of that while you still can.

Oli from Virgin hinted upthread that he's well aware of that anomaly and it will be addressed next year.
#929527 by Sealink
29 Nov 2016, 01:48
125 TP and 6533 miles posted for my outbound LGW-GND UC flight.
100 TP and 0 miles posted for my inbound GND-LGW UC flight.
#929528 by backdoc
29 Nov 2016, 05:28
What were the dates of travel?

Sealink wrote:125 TP and 6533 miles posted for my outbound LGW-GND UC flight.
100 TP and 0 miles posted for my inbound GND-LGW UC flight.
#929554 by backdoc
29 Nov 2016, 17:52
Your return flight was in the "unfortunate time"..... Let us know what they say when you call them.

Sealink wrote:7th November out, 14th November back (figures!)
#929659 by Lonemorf
02 Dec 2016, 01:18
Im on my 4th flight since the changes, and nothing on my account has updated, and the staff at flying club cant seem to use the new system to correct it.
In the JFK clubhouse as I write this, and all I have heard at the Clubhouse check in desk is people saying how crap the flying club is now, and the staff are even acknowledging that is the trend they are hearing, and we should all email our feedback to the Virgin management. Personally, I don't see the point, we have a VP of Virgin on this thread, and he is answering nothing.
Time to vote with the wallet I think - maybe its the only way Virgin will feel it? Or it might just be content with being the Delta Lapdog and encouraging their US customer base.
#929699 by tontybear
03 Dec 2016, 22:48
Lonemorf wrote:Personally, I don't see the point, we have a VP of Virgin on this thread, and he is answering nothing.

We have his name.

Write to him directly at Crawly Towers and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

And copy in Craig Kreeger as well. And tell him that Oli has stopped responding to questions on here - not that he ever really answered any in the first place!
#929702 by property1925
04 Dec 2016, 07:08
Penny_L wrote:I used my old number last week to claim eRewards miles, they appeared in my FC account following day.

Thanks. Just done that - and we'll see. Had to find an old card with the old number!
#929735 by Lonemorf
05 Dec 2016, 12:03
tontybear wrote:
Lonemorf wrote:Personally, I don't see the point, we have a VP of Virgin on this thread, and he is answering nothing.

We have his name.

Write to him directly at Crawly Towers and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

And copy in Craig Kreeger as well. And tell him that Oli has stopped responding to questions on here - not that he ever really answered any in the first place!

If you know the email format, let me know - I will happily do it.
My miles for my last 4 trips are still not on there...............
#929743 by Sealink
05 Dec 2016, 15:50
The VP participating in the thread was a courtesy.
I'd rather he was working at fixing the website than playing appeasement here.
Virgin Atlantic