This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962309 by Seany93
04 Sep 2023, 16:11
Hi All,

As per the subject I have a ticket that I purchased with cash from LHR to PVG. It was a non flexible K fare. I upgraded my inbound flight to upper using miles and therefore the inbound has changed to a G.

My understanding of G fares was that dates could be moved by paying an admin fee (if other G's are available on the new date) - but i have just tried to do this and the agent has quoted me £600. I am now wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the original premium fare was booked as a non flexi cash ticket?
#962310 by CommanderB
04 Sep 2023, 18:54
Ask them for the breakdown of what that £600 is.

K’s are now changeable for a fee. So it may be the fare difference.

I did this recently with a H fare and didn’t get any difference in fare at all, they just moved me to the flight I wanted for free. There was a big difference in fare (I’d already worked it out) but surprisingly that never came up. I think the agent just assumed it was a G fare…

So maybe it’s hit and miss?
#962315 by VS0069
04 Sep 2023, 22:33
If you change dates on an upgraded revenue ticket the fare difference of the cabin you upgraded from would apply (of course if there is any fare difference at all). Sometimes you can be lucky enough to find dates that do not incur fare difference but just the change fee - if applicable.