This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#950300 by tontybear
04 May 2019, 14:07
Seat Guru is shall we say less than reliable.

Look at the seat maps on the VS Source
#953538 by Nikolic
04 Jan 2020, 01:42
Hey guys - slight bump to this thread.

Is there any benefit to row 46 (Economy Delight bulkhead?). Most of the seat maps for the 787 seem out of date since the introduction of economy delight.
#953541 by mattyp
04 Jan 2020, 08:27
My personal preference would be to go for a standard Delight seat over one of the bulkheads. Those seats are sightly narrower due to the tray table being in the armrest.

I’m 6ft 5 and find the standard Delight seats have more than ample legroom, however if you’re travelling alone and are keen for a window view then the advantage of the bulkhead would be that you can get up without having to disturb the person next to you.
#953700 by TomW
13 Jan 2020, 18:53
Another thread bump,
Is anyone able to confirm if the last row (51) in ED on the 787 fully recline or are they limited because of the toilets behind?
#953712 by CHill710
14 Jan 2020, 10:04
All seats on all VS aircraft have a full recline. Any wall or partition will be far enough away from the seat to allow a full recline
#953714 by CommanderB
14 Jan 2020, 10:37
Row 51 is definitely full recline. I really like the row for Economy Delight. People tend to steer clear of it because it's the back row of the front portion of the cabin and thus not particularly popular. But I think it's great.

I would not recommend the Economy bulkheads, they're very narrow.
#953715 by TomW
14 Jan 2020, 11:00
CHill710 wrote:All seats on all VS aircraft have a full recline. Any wall or partition will be far enough away from the seat to allow a full recline

Thanks for confirming
CommanderB wrote:Row 51 is definitely full recline. I really like the row for Economy Delight. People tend to steer clear of it because it's the back row of the front portion of the cabin and thus not particularly popular. But I think it's great.

Thanks for that, I had chosen 51 but moved because of the reviews on Seatguru and VSSource, I will move back to 51 before they get nabbed!
#953729 by starquake
14 Jan 2020, 15:03
Agree, don't book bulkhead - having been on a delight flight last Xmas - the sweet spot is the most rearward Economy Delight seat as @commanderB says. I actually found Economy delight great to fly with as a 6"3 individual - plenty of leg, and movement room. I hate to say but it's prefereable to a PE seat for me on a night sector, as we found it more comfortable with the seat in front fully reclined than a PE seat with same circumstance.
#953730 by CommanderB
14 Jan 2020, 15:27
starquake wrote:Agree, don't book bulkhead - having been on a delight flight last Xmas - the sweet spot is the most rearward Economy Delight seat as @commanderB says. I actually found Economy delight great to fly with as a 6"3 individual - plenty of leg, and movement room. I hate to say but it's prefereable to a PE seat for me on a night sector, as we found it more comfortable with the seat in front fully reclined than a PE seat with same circumstance.

Agreed.

Some benefits of Economy Delight over Premium for those interested:

• Economy Delight (V fare bucket) earns more miles and the same tier points as Premium (K and H bucket).
  • It's often significantly cheaper than Premium.
  • Day flight in Economy Delight is absolutely bearable.
  • Night flight is OK if the middle seat remains empty, but otherwise i'd go Premium.
  • Economy Delight can be upgraded to Premium or Upper, whereas Premium (K) cannot.
  • Economy Delight upgrade to Premium on a long route like LAX, off peak, is 13,700 + approx £100 ex-LHR or approx $52 ex-USA. There's always PremiumGolds trying to get into Upper, so often it's easy to jump upwards, especially on non-heavy routes on the day of travel. (Talk to the lounge concierge and check again after check in closes, but before boarding).
  • You can do a Premium upgrade and then also go up to Upper should it become available for minimal tax change and more miles (around 50,000 total one way for Y to J).
  • Legroom is pretty much on par with Premium.
  • Front left hand side of the Economy cabin will deplane faster than the right side, usually.
  • Row 50/51 has close access to the toilets, but not so much that it is disturbing.
  • Row 51 has a half size overhead bin just above it between the row and the toilet, which if you are in 51A/B/C and are on quickly, can essentially be used as your personal bin.
  • Space behind row 51 is enough to stand in if the seats are not reclined - helps anyone who has an Apple watch easily get their stand hours in.

...Off the top of my head...

:D
#953790 by Martin5192
15 Jan 2020, 10:56
CommanderB wrote:Row 51 is definitely full recline. I really like the row for Economy Delight. People tend to steer clear of it because it's the back row of the front portion of the cabin and thus not particularly popular. But I think it's great.

Is their much disturbance from the toilets in row 51 ??
#953791 by CommanderB
15 Jan 2020, 11:17
Martin5192 wrote:
Is their much disturbance from the toilets in row 51 ??

IMHO no, not really. But of course, YMMV.
#953792 by Nikolic
15 Jan 2020, 11:52
Very interesting comments - thanks all!

Group of 8 of us flying to Vegas and back from LA on the 787 - sounds like I need to adjust our selected seats. The back row seems to be like a winner!
#957987 by G-VROY
14 Nov 2020, 17:13
Hi All,

Is the logic still to go for the back row (51) rather than the front row (46)?

I'm currently booked into the front row for a trip to MCO. I'm 6'2 but have long legs so looking for more leg room than seat width.

I fear that being in a bulkhead my be restrictive as you can't put your feet under the seat in front. It's just a wall?

Which would be the better option? Both are currently free.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thank you.
#957994 by mattyp
14 Nov 2020, 22:02
I’m 6ft 5 and had a standard Delight seat (not bulkhead) on a flight from JNB last summer.
I could easily stretch my legs out fully underneath the seat in front - this wouldn’t have been possible with the bulkhead as it’s a vertical wall. I did have a whole row to myself but didn’t even need to encroach on the seat next to me to be comfortable.

I was in PE on the outbound leg and for me the only difference was the service. Even with the extra recline in PE, the seats were comparable IMHO.
Virgin Atlantic