This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#953818 by Jaydun
17 Jan 2020, 10:11
Hi

Do any of the Meet and Greet Parking Operators at Heathrow work in conjunction with the the Upper Class Wing Drop Off Facility?
I usually drive to the airport myself, drop the car in the short term car park where Maple or Purple Parking etc take over but would like to know if any of them offer the service where they will collect the car from you at the drop off (or Drive you through it after they have meet you elsewhere) ?
Alternatively we were considering booking a hotel and parking package (direct with a hotel) and getting a taxi from there to the Drop Off. I know this can be done but my question here would be do any of the hotels offer Parking where your car would be brought to the terminal on return? (Similar to what the Marriott Courtyard does at Gatwick).

Thanks in Advance for your advice.
#953820 by matt.hibb
17 Jan 2020, 10:53
Purple Parking used to offer this service. But they had financial difficulties a couple of years back and were bought by Holiday Extras I believe. Since then, meet and greet parking has not been available at the upper wing. It's a real shame it's gone IMHO. A while back, I did find a company or 2 that would apparently meet you somewhere near the airport, driver would join you for the rest of the journey and then drive the car away once you're checked in. But I decided not to pursue that idea because I couldn't get comfortable with the companies I found. Plus it wasn't exactly the most convenient solution.

Can't help on the hotel package I'm afraid.
#953822 by Jaydun
17 Jan 2020, 16:07
Thank you for the response.

We have decided to stay at a hotel local to LHR and buy meet and greet parking leaving the car at T3 before getting a taxi back to the hotel for the night Returning in the morning again by taxi to use the Upper Class Wing Drop Off.
#953827 by chumba
17 Jan 2020, 21:53
I’ve used DTCI dropped everyone and bags off, got checked in, then drove out straight into the LHR valet parking lane and left the car with them for parking. Then just walked back into the terminal up the lift and through to the private security channel where I met everyone. Only took a couple of minutes and still gives the DTCI experience. LHR valet wasn’t that much more expensive than off site. Done this a couple of times.

The only other way would be to ask the meet and greet company if you can meet the driver kerbside, pick them up drive round the one way into DTCI and they take the car from you there. I did this once too, can’t remember the company I used,
#953840 by mikethe3rd
18 Jan 2020, 21:10
Rotty wrote:I use one of the "park on my drive" folks and they they take you through DTCI

Used same bloke several times and he's really good, drop me a message if you want contact info

I’m on mobile and can’t find a way to message you. Would you mind sending me the details please? What happens on the return?
#953861 by Rotty
20 Jan 2020, 10:48
mikethe3rd wrote:
Rotty wrote:I use one of the "park on my drive" folks and they they take you through DTCI

Used same bloke several times and he's really good, drop me a message if you want contact info

I’m on mobile and can’t find a way to message you. Would you mind sending me the details please? What happens on the return?

messaged you

he picks you up on return
#960548 by hamps
06 Dec 2022, 20:17

Hi Rotty would you mind sending me his details please? Looking to use the DTCI in a few weeks time. Cheers
#960565 by mitchja
10 Dec 2022, 12:33
As this was a old post, you may not get a response unfortunately.

I always use Parker Cars for booking a drive-thru. You can book online and select any of the LHR hotels as pick-up points along with VS Drive-thru as an option for drop-off.

I pay~£26.00 for a standard car between the LHR T4 Crowne Plaza to the T3 VS drive-thru.
Virgin Atlantic