This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962368 by narikin
11 Sep 2023, 14:36
Apparently I'm Lifetime Gold, (I keep getting told this when checking in, but never got any email)

But my account still shows the amount of miles and points I need to earn to renew Gold status this year. Can I now ignore this as a software wrinkle, or is there something going on? Thanks.
#962369 by mitchja
11 Sep 2023, 14:41
Lifetime Gold should display the message in your account saying 'Lifetime Gold member' under where your tier points balance is. If you don't see that message, I suspect something isn't quite right somewhere. Can you work out roughly how long you have been AU for?

During the pandemic, all the status extensions did count towards Lifetime Gold.

Flying Club will also be able to tell you if you have been AU for 10 consecutive years and if you have also earned at least 7500 TP's on VS metal in that time.
#962430 by narikin
21 Sep 2023, 16:19
Hah - maybe 'vintage' GFL members from way-back have online Lifetime status showing, but seems 2 of 3 peeps here don't see anything. I get the same 'Yes, you're Lifetime Gold' every time I check in at counter, or at Lounge, and the odd email saying 'as a Lifetime Gold...' etc.

So.... I don't have to fret about TP's or miles anymore??
Since my old mother passed, there's a bit less regularity to my trips to Blighty, just 2x a year now!
Virgin Atlantic