This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#955102 by alibeau
18 Mar 2020, 21:58
Hi,

We have three Z fare seats booked for July.

Would prefer not to travel at all and receive a refund but I know this is not possible on a Z fare and so if flights are up and running again I am struggling to find Z fare booking conditions.

I know I can’t cancel a Z fare and wouldn’t want to at this point as we will make our decision nearer the time but can anyone advise what the fee is for a date change? Possibly delay until December all being well....

Thanks.

Ali.
#955103 by mitchja
18 Mar 2020, 22:14
Z fares come with a £300 change fee under normal circumstances.

Penalties

CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE GBP 300.00. NOTE - CHANGE FEES APPLY PER PASSENGER/PER TRANSACTION FOR ADULTS/ CHILDREN AND INFANTS OCCUPYING AS SEAT. INFANTS WITHOUT A SEAT CHARGE 10 PERCENT

If I where you though I’d be tempted to hold fire doing anything yet as the way things are going, I would imagine the VS rebooking waiver travel date window will likely get extended. VS have already extended it at least once so far.
#955104 by alibeau
18 Mar 2020, 22:41
Thank you, that’s a great help. I really did struggle to find this info, even having read through my booking confirmation email.....

Yes, I wouldn’t want to harass VA at the moment anyway, we have the balance due on a villa mid-May so hopefully we will be in a better position at that point to make a decision....

Thanks again and take care.

Ali.
#955112 by CommanderB
19 Mar 2020, 10:18
In all honesty, the rules for fare buckets have gone out of the window.

I had a Premium (K) fare, the equivalent of a Z, booked via a travel agent. I couldn't get hold of the travel agent to change it so called VS as I knew I couldn't fly by that time. The agent took immediate control of the ticket and made it open allowing for it to be re-booked in future which I was shocked by given the fare bucket and travel agent involvement. No dates specified or anything like that. I'll have to pay a fare difference, but other than that everything else was fine. The change fee get's waived only once under the current circumstances.

If I were you, i'd be inclined to take James advice and hold fire. There's little benefit to acting now anyway given how dynamic the situation is.
#955113 by alibeau
19 Mar 2020, 10:48
Thanks for your reply.

That was another concern, not being able to switch fare codes/bucket/ cabin, as I got a good deal on these Z fares (I think! £5k for the 3 of us) and so if they insisted I paid the full going rate, that wouldn’t be an option for us....

Thanks again, we’ll sit tight and see what the coming months bring....

Take care.
#955874 by alibeau
13 May 2020, 15:20
Hi again.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I have a follow up question....

If our July flights to MCO are not cancelled and we simply wish to postpone them, I now know the fee involved but can anyone tell me what the time frame is for how far into the future we can postpone them to?

I booked in Oct 19 and we were due to fly July 20.

Many thanks.

Ali x
Virgin Atlantic