This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#955727 by Dobbo
05 May 2020, 13:23
The key points appear to be as follows.

- a rescue package is still required for survival.

- 747s to be removed from fleet.

- VS to leave LGW, all leisure routes to move to LHR (plan to return once it becomes feasible) - hangar, club house to close.

- Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holiday's to merge - to become Virgin Atlantic Holiday's.

- 3,150 job cuts across business.

(Credit is not to me - third party information. Happy to post if requested).
#955733 by Dobbo
05 May 2020, 14:05
gumshoe wrote:
Dobbo wrote:club house to close

LGW or LHR?

I’d imagine LGW would close, the one at LHR would remain and the new one at MAN would still open.
#955883 by PilotWolf
14 May 2020, 07:55
Confirmed VA leaving, I wonder what will happen to LGW if BA leave? That's some major I come, especially if EasyJet also go under.

W.
#955886 by Dobbo
14 May 2020, 09:48
PilotWolf wrote:Confirmed VA leaving, I wonder what will happen to LGW if BA leave? That's some major I come, especially if EasyJet also go under.

W.

I think if EZY go under the industry will be in a pretty disastrous position - let’s hope it doesn’t get that far.

It’ll be interesting to see the extent to which LGW can backfill capacity if BA departs LGW or significantly downsizes its operation - we don’t yet know what Norwegian are going to do. I bet BA and VS want the 80:20 rule to be relaxed and LGW don’t!

When normal times return, VS might be in position to slot the Caribbean routes back in at LGW and reallocate LHR slots, but if that’s full again their expansion is likely to focus on MAN (where it mostly was pre Covid albeit the fiasco with FlyBe doesn’t bode well if that remains on their radar long term!).
Virgin Atlantic