This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#955965 by gumshoe
18 May 2020, 06:09
Yes, LGW flights have now been removed, but were still showing on Saturday when I posted.

My assumption is flights that were due to operate from LGW until 24 Oct will be moved to LHR in due course, once VS knows when it’s restarting passenger operations.

I can’t imagine all the former LGW flights have been cancelled for five whole months.
#955968 by VS075
18 May 2020, 09:18
rubytuesday wrote:I doubt it very much as i booked with Virgin holidays They also confirmed when i questioned in case it was an error in the system that the are operating that flight 2 times only this year from Gatwick in October.
so i am sure they know what flights there own company is operating. Just done a mock booking and tested it. If i pop my departure day in i can book a ticket on that flight i am going on. If i select Olrando etc it is showing no flights available from Gatwick which would be true. So looks like this A330 VS43 in October is still going ahead.

Indeed. Additionally, if it is no longer operating from LGW then they are obliged to book you onto an alternative flight and inform you of the change of plan.

For ease of mind, I've just done a dummy booking on the VS website and the VS043 from LGW is showing as bookable for 4th and 7th October, albeit with no Y availability on the 4th.

Until VS/Virgin Holidays tell you differently, I agree that you should continue to work on the basis that your LGW-LAS flight is going ahead as planned. Until then, as I'm also due to fly to the US late-September, let's hope for now the situation improves sufficiently for our trips to still go ahead.
#955969 by gumshoe
18 May 2020, 09:49
If these random VS43 flights were indeed charters, I’d have thought there’s a pretty good chance whoever chartered them will no longer do so.

I would be amazed if these flights operate - who on earth needs half an A330 to go to Vegas in the current climate? But if they do they’ll go from LHR.
#955984 by rubytuesday
19 May 2020, 03:15
gumshoe wrote:If these random VS43 flights were indeed charters, I’d have thought there’s a pretty good chance whoever chartered them will no longer do so.

I would be amazed if these flights operate - who on earth needs half an A330 to go to Vegas in the current climate? But if they do they’ll go from LHR.

Well giving the fact they have pulled the Manchester - Vegas they will have plenty of seats on both Heathrow and Gatwick on top of the already people booked. Also looking at my seat map there is way more than Half the seats already reserved so i doubt they have availablity to transfer those on the VS onto the heathrow flight as well as the manchester passengers. So i suspect your assumption will be wrong.