This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956261 by Sunseeker
04 Jun 2020, 19:03
Hi

I have had the email saying we not be flying from Gatwick in September and will be informed of the new arrangements

What are the thoughts on the flights being direct or do you think it will be via New York / Miami / Atlanta Etc

And am I right in thinking if the new flight is not a direct flight I am entitled to a refund. ?
#956262 by gumshoe
04 Jun 2020, 19:18
Orlando flights will be direct from Heathrow, VS91/92.

Flights departing before the end of October are not yet on sale but VS say they’ll be loaded in the next week or two.
#956370 by Tigerlilly
16 Jun 2020, 13:10
mitchja wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere the LHR>MCO service will be op’d using an A333.

Everyone who has been changed is now on the a330-300 and a few on a 787-9 Dreamliner x
#956374 by Kraken
16 Jun 2020, 18:14
One slight point... as it currently stands, no-one is flying direct to Orlando from the UK (not even US citizens who are allowed to travel). Orlando is not on the list of 13 US airports that are currently permitted to accept international arrivals (i.e. returning US citizens).

This will probably change fairly soon... 2020 is a US election year & Florida is a crucial swing-state and very reliant on tourism. A certain White House resident is keen to get re-elected, so will want to be seen to be "saving the tourism industry in Florida" to win votes. (Quite possibly ignoring all logical advice at the same time, but we won't go there!)
#956376 by gumshoe
16 Jun 2020, 18:48
Kraken wrote:A certain White House resident is keen to get re-elected, so will want to be seen to be "saving the tourism industry in Florida" to win votes.

That’s one point of view.

Another is that a certain White House resident is keen to get re-elected, so will want to be seen to be “saving America from the foreign virus” to win votes.

The only certainty is that a certain White House resident is completely unpredictable so it’s impossible to say when he’ll reopen the border.
Virgin Atlantic