This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956280 by uktigger
05 Jun 2020, 16:57
A question.....

Currently have 4 "K" class PE seats on VS75 in april next year via VH which I am planning to pay to upgrade them to "H" class, get them ticketed and take advantage of Flying club reward seats.

There were 9 UC reward seats available on VS75 the day after they were released (found via seatspy) but this has now dropped to 3 which is no good to us as we need 4 ! However there are still at least 9 available on VS73 (the later flight).

Does anyone know if you can upgrade using miles to reward seats on a different flight?

Ta

Steve
#956281 by gumshoe
05 Jun 2020, 18:25
I think you’ll be governed by whatever the fare rules are for your original booking code.

So - assuming a K fare is changeable at all - you’d have to pay the fare difference and change fee to move your K tickets on the VS75 to H tickets on the VS73, then pay miles + taxes/surcharges to upgrade to G.
#956282 by uktigger
05 Jun 2020, 18:49
I had planned to upgrade the "k" tickets as a matter of course anyway, i did that for the flights I should have been on in april just gone but were obviously cancelled due to something onr other :-D
but the question really was if you can upgrade your pe seats on one flight to UC seats on another .
#956283 by gumshoe
05 Jun 2020, 19:17
As above - no, it’s not that easy. Otherwise anyone who doesn’t want to pay through the nose to travel on an expensive flight on Easter Saturday could just book for any random Wednesday in January and upgrade with miles.

If you want to use miles to upgrade you must already be booked on the same flight. So you’d have to change your original cash fare on the VS75 to a cash fare on the VS73, paying the fare difference if there is one along with the change fee, then go from there.
Virgin Atlantic