This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956391 by shaneg17
17 Jun 2020, 20:39
Hi all

Wonder if someone can help...

About 4 weeks ago I booked a flight + hotel deal on the Virgin Atlantic website for a trip to NYC in the run up to Xmas.

Some work business has now popped up and I want to shift my itinerary minus 24 hours so I’m home for important meetings. Seems simple right

I’m told even though I booked with Virgin Atlantic, V Hols are my point contact. This is fine but they are only accepting calls from passengers flying in the next 14 days, all the while the cost of the flights I want to change to are on the increase.

Does anyone know of any alternative route to get this change processed? I’m only locked in for a deposit of a couple grand but I’d rather not lose that and just get things changed over...

Thanks in advance

Shane
#956392 by gumshoe
17 Jun 2020, 20:53
Are they actually refusing to speak to you because your flight’s longer than 14 days away? Or is that just what the recorded message says?

No-one’s flying anywhere on VS in the next 14 days, so that excuse simply doesn’t wash.
#956393 by Tigerlilly
17 Jun 2020, 20:56
WhatsApp them on : +44 20 3322 3289
Type your message then copy it before sending. As soon as you get the auto reply, send it again and this bypasses the system . You then get a response within 24 hours usually x
#956396 by shaneg17
17 Jun 2020, 22:01
Yep effectively - had a WhatsApp back from Virgin Atlantic to say they couldn’t help so call such and such a number, VHols would sort...I thought ok great.

I tried the number and you are greeted with an auto message to say they can only take calls from people due to fly in the next 14 days. Anyway I continued on trying to be a chancer and the next stage is to input the booking ref number into their automated messGe...when I done that the line went dead - guess they auto realised I wasn’t flying until December.

It seems quite an easy change to make, the flights I want all have excellent availability on the VA website and pricing remains about the same (slight increase which I don’t mind). I just need to have a human look into things and make the switch.

I have tried the WhatsApp trick noted above so will hope that works

Thanks

Shane
#956407 by Lucydog
18 Jun 2020, 15:05
The WhatsApp trick works but ask them to change your booking. You have to give the booking ref, your post code, your name, date of birth with full instructions on what you want. They did mine that way. Then you will get a message back confirmation and then go back into the same ref and print new invoice. Don’t forget to copy and send.
#956427 by shaneg17
20 Jun 2020, 08:43
All sorted

The WhatsApp trick worked a treat...still no response to my first message from days ago but the successive copy / paste trick led me to an answer and resolution within half hour.

I'm now doing Friday to Monday so got what i wanted...£2k premium i had to suck up though. Ah well, both legs still on the A351 so i get to sample the new product and NYC @ Christmas time so all is well that ends well.
Virgin Atlantic