This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956448 by David
22 Jun 2020, 07:07
...... and could VS still be involved ?

https://ukaviation.news/flybe-could-ris ... l-advisor/

“ Cyrus is doing everything it can, along with the other consortium members, to ensure that a business emerges that can re-hire the many thousands of employees who were dependent on it.”

Very interesting if true .

David
#956455 by tontybear
22 Jun 2020, 16:41
Any ressurection would depend on them getting the slots back - I thought they had all been surrendered or sent back to their origins (The BA remedy lots for example) - at Slot controlled airports.
#956457 by jakedonson
22 Jun 2020, 18:29
...... and could VS still be involved ?

I doubt VS will have any kind of ownership in it, but I do wonder if it might become some sort of franchise; where they use VS branding and VS sort out all technical aspects (eg. accounting) but it remains a separate company...
#956463 by Dobbo
22 Jun 2020, 23:02
Nice spot.

There clearly is a demand for UK regional travel, and if VS are able to get back on an even keel and “return to” the “return to growth” plan, there is a likely focal point at MAN for a hub operation. How that works in practice now I don’t know, but we need the world to go back to normal ASAP for that to have an effect.