This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956479 by Q_Division
24 Jun 2020, 08:08
Not sure if this has been posted already (couldn't see it) but Virgin has delayed restarting flights to FL and other destinations.

https://corporate.virginatlantic.com/gb ... lying.html

P.S. I do like the double nn in return in the url
#956492 by Hoppy
25 Jun 2020, 12:37
Looking at the press this morning, the US 'airbridge' is stated as being likely to be Nov / Dec.

So it feels to me that the dates VS have announced to re start flights is very ambitious.

Having been due to be in Vegas at the moment, I am looking to swap my flights and I had hoped that September would be an option but unfortunately I can't see this happening even if Virgin think the 1st September is the start date.
#956493 by gumshoe
25 Jun 2020, 12:54
The simple fact is it’s impossible to predict because the one person who has the power to decide is completely unpredictable.

The speculation about the US being closed until Nov or Dec in The Sun (and lifted by several other papers) seems to be based on one man’s opinion rather than any factual basis.

I suspect the government’s briefed it about European air bridges ahead of Monday’s announcement, but the lifting of the US Presidential proclamation remains an unknown quantity that I doubt even the inner circles in Westminster or Washington know any more about than we do.
#956498 by CommanderB
26 Jun 2020, 17:02
gumshoe wrote:The simple fact is it’s impossible to predict because the one person who has the power to decide is completely unpredictable.

That's a very nice way of putting it.. :-D
#956499 by FLYERZ
26 Jun 2020, 17:48
Airlines have still been flying passenger service between the UK/US. Not all at the moment are purely cargo. VS could still start flying these and taking ‘passengers’ in theory even if the ban/restrictions remain in place.

Arguably won’t be economical to but who knows - AA, BA and UA have been flying into/out of EWR/JFK all this time just at once daily or less.
#956509 by vic110
28 Jun 2020, 16:37
We were due to fly from Manchester to Atlanta at the end of September and my flight disappeared from my account when I logged in. I could find the flight when I put the booking reference but it said there were some changes to the flights. I have managed to speak with someone at Virgin (after 2 hours on hold) who have confirmed that the flight is cancelled. They informed me that the flights to Atlanta from Manchester will not re start until the end of October at the earliest but he wasn't optimistic that they would start before the end of the year. I started my refund process - in fact he almost encouraged me not to re book but they won't even give a time frame anymore but said hopefully around 120 days. I am still waiting for a refund from March which is now 110 days so I know it will take a while.
Virgin Atlantic