This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956521 by vic110
29 Jun 2020, 21:10
We were approved for global entry in April this year and so have 1 year to arrange our interview to complete our application. We have now had 2 trips cancelled this year and I am nervous of booking anything to America anytime soon due to the infection rate there at the moment. I have E mailed them to see what our options are and have been informed that they have now extended the period of time that the trusted traveler program applications remain active. It is now 485 days from the date the application was conditionally approved so that gives us an extra 4 months . They are still doing enrollment on arrival and you can now start re booking interviews from 6th July.
#956545 by mitchja
04 Jul 2020, 10:24
The TTP enrolment centre shutdowns have now been extended until at least August 10th.

Enrolment on arrival is currently operating though.

From the TTP website:

Out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of minimizing exposure and controlling the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak, all US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment Centers will suspend operations until at least August 10, 2020. This temporary closure includes all public access to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST enrollment locations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process. Enrollment on Arrival remains operational at participating airports. For locations please visit https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-trav ... nt-arrival.
#956546 by Murraymint
04 Jul 2020, 10:40
vic110 wrote:We were approved for global entry in April this year and so have 1 year to arrange our interview to complete our application. We have now had 2 trips cancelled this year and I am nervous of booking anything to America anytime soon due to the infection rate there at the moment. I have E mailed them to see what our options are and have been informed that they have now extended the period of time that the trusted traveler program applications remain active. It is now 485 days from the date the application was conditionally approved so that gives us an extra 4 months . They are still doing enrollment on arrival and you can now start re booking interviews from 6th July.

Thanks for the update. Our approval was in February and we had an interview scheduled in April at MCO which was cancelled. Next trip is scheduled at the end of September to Boston and when the dates open up we’ll book one there (unfortunately can’t do Interview on Arrival there I believe). Of course, that’s if we actually get there - failing that, it will be January or April at MCO and we should be OK for both with the new extended timeline. :-)
#956653 by getinjonathan
20 Jul 2020, 12:26
I applied for a renewal back in November and it is still showing as APPROVED, but PENDING Interview.

No idea who to call or what to do?