This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957522 by Razorback
10 Oct 2020, 14:26
I thought I had read that flights from MAN to ATL were planned to restart on 25 October?
I have a vested interest as our flight on 21 November is not yet been cancelled and am awaiting to see what VS will do.
#957523 by mitchja
10 Oct 2020, 14:46
I can't see VS re-starting any further US flights now until the US boarders open again to ESTA / none-VISA holders. Who knows when that will be but I can't see it happening now in what's left of 2020.

I would personally be writing off any US trips in 2020 you may have. I'm supposedly flying to FLL on Dec 28 and I cannot see that going ahead and I'm fully preparing to have that canceled as well.

There's very little point in VS adding any further flights from MAN (or even LHR for that matter) until the US boarders now start opening to everyone again.
#957537 by Kraken
11 Oct 2020, 11:11
The MAN-JFK could well happen, as JFK is on the list of US airports that can accept international arrivals.

I would expect the flights to be very empty though, as anyone who is not a US Citizen / Lawful Permanent Resident will not be allowed into the USA. The cargo hold could be very full though.
#957538 by gumshoe
11 Oct 2020, 12:00
I thought the rule restricting international arrivals to 15 designated airports was lifted last month.

In theory VS could fly to MCO or LAS right now. But while the Presidential proclamation remains in force, there’d be very little point.
#957757 by Janeclar
24 Oct 2020, 05:53
Received notification yesterday that my MAN-RSW flight on 21/11 is cancelled. I started the Whatsapp process to request a refund yesterday afternoon. I received a reply at 05.30 this morning offering me a Companion Reward Voucher, an Upgrade Reward Voucher or a Clubhouse Voucher if I kept the ticket open. I am intending to book a K premium ticket in the sale, so I have declined, but this may be useful for anyone who usually purchases upgradable tickets.
Virgin Atlantic