This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956602 by Pianofunk
13 Jul 2020, 16:28
Afternoon - hope you're all doing okay

My VS155 flight is still showing as on time for Sunday 6 Sept

However, checking previous Sunday departures brings up nothing so am I right to assume that flights have been pulled through the end of August?
#956603 by mitchja
13 Jul 2020, 17:25
Until you get confirmation that your flight is cancelled, you can only assume the flight is still going ahead at this point.

There is still no official comment from VS yet about any further cancellations.

The official line is still that the HKG/LAX/JFK/PVG pax flights are scheduled to start from July 20th (JFK & LAX are highly unlikely now).

You can usually tell when a flight is going to be cancelled before VS tell you as the schedule change info box at the top of the page when you view your booking is amber and the seat maps will no longer be there.
#956606 by VS075
14 Jul 2020, 08:36
Just my opinion, but I can't see many passenger flights operating to the US for some time yet and for as long as the current ban remains in place
#956614 by AlecK
14 Jul 2020, 11:59
My colleague has just has his MAN-ATL flight on 13/10 go to open ticket after the seat map went unavailable about 10 days ago. No communication from VS, he just happened to check his booking online.
#956631 by Q_Division
15 Jul 2020, 12:54
I've just had an email telling me my VS92 flight at the end of Sept. has been cancelled. It's not clear what has happened to the outbound flight (which is from MAN)

Edit:
I've just checked online and it's not showing as cancelled, so I'm now confused.
#956632 by Tigerlilly
15 Jul 2020, 13:33
Q_Division wrote:I've just had an email telling me my VS92 flight at the end of Sept. has been cancelled. It's not clear what has happened to the outbound flight (which is from MAN)

Edit:
I've just checked online and it's not showing as cancelled, so I'm now confused.

Yep, seems they are cancelling Orlando flights til end of September . Interestingly , Orlando airport states virgin flights will resume October 6th.
#956634 by gumshoe
15 Jul 2020, 14:06
Tigerlilly wrote:
Q_Division wrote:I've just had an email telling me my VS92 flight at the end of Sept. has been cancelled. It's not clear what has happened to the outbound flight (which is from MAN)

Edit:

Yep, seems they are cancelling Orlando flights til end of September . Interestingly , Orlando airport states virgin flights will resume October 6th.

And BA from LHR from September 1st.

Right now, MCO is not on the list of 15 airports approved to accept passengers from the UK. So either they’ve been told it will be by September, or they’re playing the speculation game.
#956635 by Q_Division
15 Jul 2020, 15:07
gumshoe wrote:And BA from LHR from September 1st.

Right now, MCO is not on the list of 15 airports approved to accept passengers from the UK. So either they’ve been told it will be by September, or they’re playing the speculation game.

Does look that way. The only others in that bucket though are Lufthansa (also Sept. 1st) and Icelandair (Sept. 4th)
#956651 by VS075
20 Jul 2020, 09:31
Tigerlilly wrote:I’ve had 2 people I know for 14th October man-mco cancelled by delta . Think it’s a sign of things to come.

I got an e-mail last week from Virgin Holidays cancelling my booked trip to Florida in late-September along with a voucher for the full value. We had already made our minds up not to bother going, but I wasn't expecting them to make the call to cancel until later next month.

I'm still waiting for them to call me so we can use the voucher for something else next year.

Mind you, I've just remembered I need to follow up with VS about getting a refund for the supplements we paid for two seats in the bubble in connection to this holiday. I did this separate to the VH booking as soon as seat selection became available. Does anybody have any recommendations how best to go about chasing them up for this?
#956673 by McCoy
22 Jul 2020, 11:53
Question:
I have a cash booking for Las Vegas in November.
The conference I was going to has cancelled, so I won't be going.

If I cancel the flight now, I assume I don't get much/anything back..
Will they move it to next year, or would that be a change fee plus fare difference?
Or should I sit tight, on the assumption that the flight may well get cancelled closer to the time, if Covid remains high, and then I'd get the option of a full refund..?
#956675 by Q_Division
22 Jul 2020, 13:41
I think I would sit tight at this point too.

If you move it to an open ticket now (as it stands) it will be fare difference for next year but no change fee. I would view it as a possible "useful" option if they don't cancel it.
#956718 by mitchja
06 Aug 2020, 12:04
This was inevitable and whilst there is no official announcement yet, looks like VS are pulling most of their US flights for both Sept & Oct (so far) leaving just a handful of JFK and LAX flights operating.

I've got a return flight booked to SFO still for Sept 24th. Whilst my booking is still intact (so far), VS are no longer selling direct flights to SFO until the end of Oct. Only a matter of time now until I receive a cancelation notification.
#956720 by Razorback
06 Aug 2020, 13:24
I have become very pessimistic about the chances of our late November flight (MAN - ATL) going ahead. The VS109 was due to resume on 28 October.

I think it is only a matter of time before VS amends its change policy to include flights to the end of the year.

Given that I am already holding one open ticket I am not sure I am prepared to hold another though, so hopefully the improved refund process will be a success.
#956728 by mitchja
08 Aug 2020, 09:34
No surprise but my SFO flight for Sept 24 - Sept 29 have now been canceled this morning.

That's another refund I'm going to have to chase!
#957516 by McCoy
10 Oct 2020, 09:46
Update
Thanks for the previous advice..
VS just cancelled my LHR-LAS 12 Nov.

The email doesn’t mention refunds. Is WhatsApp the contact method of choice?
#957520 by mitchja
10 Oct 2020, 11:21
Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 11.20.37.png
Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 11.20.37.png (257.94 KiB) Viewed 1293 times

In all honesty, the way things are going; I don't think we will see much more route re-starts now this year.
Virgin Atlantic