This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956680 by mitchja
25 Jul 2020, 15:00
Well, I've now waited 30 days for my VS refund now and I'm not waiting any further so I'm in the process of making a section 75 claim with Virgin Money (my VS Rewards+ card) but apparently after speaking to them today you have to put everything in writing and post everything to them??

That seems a little old fashioned?

Virgin Money are also advising that you wait at least 30 days before making a claim, which I am approaching on Monday, well it's 30 days since VS acknowledged the refund which was actually took another 7 days after I initially contacted them request the refund.

Has anyone else managed a section 75 claim with Virgin Money via any other means other than posting everything to them?
#956681 by International Hitman
25 Jul 2020, 16:35
Hi James,

Don't hold your breath - my section 75 claim was first lodged 18th March, amount is north of 10K

I had to call numerous times and each time was told different requirements, they would send me a section 75 claim form within 10 days, after 10 days passed I called this had been extended to 21 days, after 21 days had passed this had extended to 30 days, I then was told no form had been sent as they only were sent for charge-backs not section 75's [which was incorrect] --- I then received correspondence from them thanking me for submitting form and evidence which they were reviewing --- I hadn't sent anything!!
I was then informed a form would be sent out immediately, after 7 days I phoned again and asked if they could email form, they couldn't --- after another 7 days I phoned again and the agent emailed the form -- it is a generic one page form covering several scenarios with tick boxes asking why you are claiming [ faulty goods, didn't receive goods, wrong amount etc --- nothing specific to flights]

I made an official complaint as to how my claim was handled , they admitted it was handled poorly and I received an apology and a small ex-gratia payment, however apart from one call from an agent that simply asked me details on my claim that I had already supplied in writing [the agent didn't have access to my claim file] I have heard nothing.

In summary the whole process is a disgrace, with COVID-19 and furloughing being used as an excuse

I appreciate COVID-19 has considerably hindered processes but all I require is to be kept informed, I had multiple flights, hotels and claims with other airlines, Hotels, Expedia etc and all have been settled months ago

Good luck

John
#956682 by mitchja
25 Jul 2020, 16:59
Thanks, doesn’t sound good, however, I’ve had to deal with Virgin Money before. An email to their CEO sorted it last time. I can’t remember what is was about now but it quickly got sorted after that!

The info the agent gave me was to follow the instructions on this page expanding the ‘How to make a section 75 claim.....’ section:

How can I make a Section 75 claim for travel, a holiday or an event cancelled due to Coronavirus?

This form isn’t for Section 75 claims. To make a Section 75 you can write to us at:

Virgin Money Credit Card address: PO Box 10234, Wigston, LE18 9FA

Virgin Atlantic Credit Card address: PO Box 10609, Wigston, LE18 9FA

Please include a covering letter with the following information:
Your Virgin Money or Virgin Atlantic Credit Card number.
Amount and date of the transaction or purchase.
Name of the company and details of your purchase or transaction.
Reason for the claim.
You should also include any relevant documents (i.e. receipts or emails which confirm your transaction and any contact with the company you made the purchase through). We will keep you updated as we process your claim.

Whilst it's not particularly clear, I *think* the link to that online form on that same page is for charge back claims only and as I booked this flight in November last year, charge back is no longer an option.

Virgin Money are certainly not making these types of claims very straight forward >-(
#956683 by Kevshev
25 Jul 2020, 19:30
I have been fighting with them now since April and have still not got any correspondence to say they are going to refund me a cancelled holiday! First response on the phone was I had to go to the CAB and when I said I don’t think so they said they would have to post a form out but it would take 21 days. Said could they email it , they said didn’t have the facility to do so . So roll on a month surprise surprise nothing arrived! Phoned again and said I hadn’t received form then miraculously they told me a web address to put into my browser and by magic a form Appeared to fill in. Did that on the 21st June and have heard nothing! Tried to phone them on Friday gone but they only open between 10am and 2pm and it was 3pm. Needless to say I have stopped using the card .
#956695 by blindman65
31 Jul 2020, 10:24
I had a similar experience for a refund pre Covid.(ish) Late March

Sent a message using the web-Told to ring.
I rang -got a totally incompetent CS advisor who said they would post a form even though he spent ages taking all the details.
No form, rang again- CS said nothing sent, said they would send again I did ask both times what about an Email?

Nothing heard then out of the blue my card was credited with the amount owed.

Have just started a charge back re my Virgin refund after waiting 113 days

Wanted to get the ball rolling before the 120 days cutoff and as the amount is not huge and I do think I will get paid-eventually, cannot harm to have to two processes running together.

Got directed to this link

https://uk.virginmoney.com/vmforms/cred ... spute/form

Filled it out.

Now to wait again.

Virgin brand now as popular as RyanAir.
#956699 by Gavin
01 Aug 2020, 22:05
Virgin money refused to raise a chargeback or section 75 until 90 days had passed, even though the flight was cancelled and EU law states a refund within 7 days. I informed the CEO via a complaint email that they were jointly liable and I had a lovely 3-page reply that quoted a MasterCard rule that stated they were not because of USA law???? but offered me £50 compensation but no actual redress to my complaint. The email stated there would be a webpage to action a chargeback (at this stage I had asked 3 times for a section 75 or refund) but as the page was not live they were unwilling to give me the web address.

I pushed back and eventually got the web form and it took about a month for them to do a chargeback. I have taken Virgin money to the FOS AS I find it unacceptable that they say you have to give virgin the timescale they quoted for a refund which currently is no time at all!

In the meantime, VS has now given me a partial refund calculation so I have no idea if they will pay this (it was not for the full amount though)

If you thought MBNA were bad....try Virgin Money.
#956717 by mitchja
06 Aug 2020, 10:33
Just an update on this.

Letter received back from Virgin Money this morning stating they have now started a section 75 investigation and that the VS flight transaction on my account has now been placed 'in dispute' so at least VM are acknowledging this and treating it accordingly.
Virgin Atlantic