This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956804 by mitchja
20 Aug 2020, 05:18
I’ve not had any communication from VS about this so far but having just logged into my FC account, my current AU status appears to have now been further extended by another 6 months.

After the first 6 month extension, my membership year showed as been until the end of March 2021. It now shows as been the end of September 2021 making it a full 12 month extension.

I’ve no idea if any of the other vouchers will get the same extra added to them?
#956815 by ColOrd
20 Aug 2020, 18:48
VS Dates.jpg
VS Dates.jpg (228.6 KiB) Viewed 1167 times

I don't know what's going on here....my expiry date and renewal information isn't showing in the centre pane, but in the drop down shows my expiry for AG as 2023??!
#956817 by mitchja
20 Aug 2020, 19:07
You have already reached the AG threshold within your membership year so your membership re-new date disappears when that happens.

That expiration date is the 3 year period for your miles. That date will always be the date of your last FC transaction+3 years.
#956824 by TimCrawley
21 Aug 2020, 09:57
I guess most have now received the email update as below - so vouchers get another extension too.

We remain grateful for your continued loyalty as a Flying Club member, especially during this time of constantly changing travel plans and restrictions. We’re pleased to let you know that we’re extending our existing measures to protect your membership and rewards, alongside new ways to make our programme even more valuable for you.
Membership and voucher extensions
We had already extended your status and membership for 6 months. However, we recognise that you still may not be flying for a while yet, so we’re extending all memberships again by another 6 months. You’ll have an extra year in total to build up your tier points and to retain or earn status.

There’s no need to worry about any vouchers you hold expiring either — we’ve extended these by an additional 6 months, giving you a full year extension in total. As before, all these changes will be applied to your account and your vouchers automatically, there is no need to do anything or contact us.
Your vouchers, more options
Whether you’ve got upgrade, companion or Clubhouse vouchers, and whether you’ve earned them through your tier status or via your credit card, these improvements will allow you to enjoy your benefits more easily.
Companion vouchers can now be used in conjunction with any ticket in any booking class and can be used in any cabin of travel regardless of tier status
Clubhouse vouchers are now valid for all Virgin Atlantic, Delta, Air France and KLM international bookings
Upgrade vouchers can now be used in conjunction with any ticket in any booking class
Tier points on reward flights
We believe you should be rewarded every time you choose to fly with Virgin Atlantic. That’s why we're delighted to announce that we will now be giving you tier points on every flight – including redemptions. From 1st September 2020, you’ll receive the same tier points as if you were booking with money, making it easier to progress to Gold and Silver status. Find out more about all these changes here.
You’ve shown us so much loyalty over the years, and we want you to feel truly valued. We’ll continue to look into ways to make Flying Club better for you, and hope to see you onboard very soon.

As always, we want to thank you again for all your support.
Oli Byers

Senior Vice President Customer Loyalty | Virgin Atlantic
#956843 by scruickshank
23 Aug 2020, 09:52
Hi Guys,

The initial 6 months extension was a real welcome bonus for me as it took me from renewal in May to Nov, and I have a flight booked in Oct to secure me as AU. The additional 6 months is (without sounding ungrateful) .... no use to me really. Do you think you can opt out? I have flights booked for early next year to begin my tier point earning that will be essentially wasted on the earning front. :-/
Virgin Atlantic