This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957222 by enjoyingit
20 Sep 2020, 09:54
Just doing some points housekeeping and have decided to move some points over to Hilton. Apart from issues contacting the Flying club, which i fully understand in this environment, i cant find out if there is a maximum amount of points that i can transfer to Hilton. Does anyone know this information? Thanks
#957223 by mitchja
20 Sep 2020, 10:56
I don't believe there is an upper limit, however, if you are requesting the transfer via SMS or WhatsApp, VS will more than likely need to send you a data protection email confirmation request where you have to reply to the email confirming all your details and confirming the transfer request as an added layer of security.

I had to do this with a 120,000 miles>IHG transfer, VS then went and lost the data protection email request I sent them back and so my transfer took something like 9 weeks in the end!! It got there eventually though but took several WhatsApp chats.
#957237 by Sealink
21 Sep 2020, 11:55
enjoyingit wrote:Just doing some points housekeeping and have decided to move some points over to Hilton. Apart from issues contacting the Flying club, which i fully understand in this environment, i cant find out if there is a maximum amount of points that i can transfer to Hilton. Does anyone know this information? Thanks

I am not sure if there is an upper limit. I transferred 270K miles to Hilton as I won't be flying anytime soon.
It was fairly painless, although the request for personal information looked like a spam email! It was: [email protected]

Twitter team confirmed the address was correct and points were transferred in about five working days. They say 30 days mind.
#957240 by enjoyingit
21 Sep 2020, 17:47
So the transfer was done over SMS/TXT. 300k miles transferred and straight out of my account. 30 days was also quoted for time scale for credit but no request or email concerning any more personal detail/data protection. I have transferred quite a few times in the past so don't know if that's why. Will wait and see how long they take to credit.
#957251 by evanspa1
22 Sep 2020, 12:32
I requested 500k miles to be transferred over text. They confirmed my instructions within a day and less than 14 days later the points appeared in my Hhonors account. From what I read on FT they have a set date every month for initiating the transfers with Hilton so I guess timescales are dependent upon what day they record your request and the next transfer date.
#957452 by enjoyingit
06 Oct 2020, 09:37
As a small caveat to this, a family member is trying trying to move over 250K miles to Hilton, and has been told the limit is 100K. Has anyone heard of a change? Obviously at the moment its not as easy as hang up and redial to speak to someone else. So they are requesting by TXT to clarify the rule and transfer the 250k. We shall wait and see.
#957550 by Sealink
12 Oct 2020, 12:50
enjoyingit wrote:As a small caveat to this, a family member is trying trying to move over 250K miles to Hilton, and has been told the limit is 100K. Has anyone heard of a change? Obviously at the moment its not as easy as hang up and redial to speak to someone else. So they are requesting by TXT to clarify the rule and transfer the 250k. We shall wait and see.

I had to complete an additional ID check...
Virgin Atlantic