This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957289 by Mally143
25 Sep 2020, 19:36
My holiday to Florida was recently cancelled and I received a notice from Virgin saying I could receive a £150 discount if I booked a new holiday instead of asking for a cash refund. When I booked the holiday I got a 7% discount from Virgin Flying Club but was told that I could not then have the £150 discount. I feel this is unfair as I am not benefitting by not asking for a refund and have read that Flying Club discounts can be used alongside other discounts.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you.
#957291 by mitchja
25 Sep 2020, 19:52
Welcome to V:Flyer :)

If Virgin canceled your flight or holiday then you are perfectly entitled to a full refund.

You will have to request a refund though as both VS and V Hols are automatically offering credit notes or these sort of ‘incentives’ not to ask for a refund.

VS and V Hols do finally seem to be getting on top of refunds now (I believe it’s the same team doing both VS and V Hols refunds hence the huge backlog) and so refund time scales are now slowly dropping.
#957292 by Mally143
25 Sep 2020, 20:27
Thanks for your speedy reply. I originally asked for a cash refund then decided to take advantage of the cash discount incentive off a new holiday. Virgin have said that I cannot have the discount and I will therefore end up paying the same as if I had taken the cash refund and booked a new holiday but Virgin will have had the money in their bank account. This seems wrong in principle.

Mal Olm