This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957334 by evanspa1
28 Sep 2020, 21:43
I've been looking at flights for next year to HKG and might be tempted to go in Economy delight as it's incredibly cheap after rebate. Here's the logic...

The flight is pricing up at £512 for March next year. As VS Gold I should normally earn 28,632 points.

But with the double miles promo for flights booked until the end of the month, I should earn a whopping 57,264 miles! The T&C seem to confirm that the bonus miles are also on the tier bonus.

Now if I spend those 57,000 points in advance as money plus miles I only need to pay £209 cash which is pretty good, I think!

Are there any other sweet-spots for double miles?
#957367 by evanspa1
30 Sep 2020, 17:59
DaWei wrote:The current double points bonus does not include tier points bonus, sadly.

The T&C seem to imply that they do;

Gold members (60%) and Silver members (30%) will still earn tier bonus points. The promotional points will be included in the tier bonus. 
#957373 by CommanderB
01 Oct 2020, 09:57
evanspa1 wrote:
DaWei wrote:The current double points bonus does not include tier points bonus, sadly.

The T&C seem to imply that they do;

Gold members (60%) and Silver members (30%) will still earn tier bonus points. The promotional points will be included in the tier bonus. 

It reads that way, but I believe thats saying the bonus points will be added in the tier bonus. Thats different to tier points.

Remember they're giving Tier Points for reward flights as well, so i'd expect that if you upgrade from Y to W or J, then you'd get the higher cabin tier points which is a nice perk IMO.

Upgrading from Y to J on the HKG route is sometimes quite hard to do in advance, but i've had good success doing it at the airport. So definitely ask.
Virgin Atlantic