This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957462 by zjc
06 Oct 2020, 21:31
Anyone think the Flexible Change Policy will be extended to cover December?

Have flights to Miami booked for early December that I really don’t fancy taking and would prefer to move to late summer 21.

At the minute can’t do anything as the date is 30 November which I think is unfair that people who booked before COVID are unfairly penalised whereas if you booked after March you can change your flights to whenever.
#957464 by mitchja
06 Oct 2020, 23:03
It looks like VS already have as the COVID-19 re-book page appears to have been updated since I last looked at it.

The table of the various dates when you booked your ticket has now been replaced by what now looks like a blanket waiver.

Also the fare difference when you come to re-book bit has been updated as well.

If you book before 31 Dec 2020, for travel all the way up to 31 Aug 2021, we’ll waive the change fees (for up to two changes or one name change) if you choose to amend your booking. You can rebook to travel anytime before 31 December 2022.

If the difference in your new fare is within £60 in Economy, £120 in Premium, or £350 in Upper for a round trip*, we’ll waive the additional cost so you don’t pay more than for your original ticket.
If the difference in your new fare is more than £60 in Economy, £120 in Premium, or £350 in Upper for a round trip*, we’ll reduce it by those amounts. For example, if your new fare is £100 more than your original ticket in Economy, you’ll only pay the £40 difference.
If your new fare is lower than the original fare you paid, then we’ll refund the difference.
*For one-way trips, 50% of the respective amounts apply

It’s important that you make any changes before the date you were originally due to travel, otherwise we won’t be able to amend your booking.

If you’ve booked through Virgin Holidays, or through another website or travel agent, please contact them directly for your options.

Changes to cabin or destination will result in the full fare difference being payable. This policy does not permit refunds, your original fare rules will apply.

This policy applies to all ticket types (including those that would normally be non-changeable) and all booking classes (including Economy Light) on all routes in Virgin Atlantic’s international network, and for tickets booked with us on our codeshare flights including on partners Delta, Air France and KLM. Your flight number will begin with the letters "VS". It also includes Flying Club redemption bookings.

I presume where it says 'If you book before 31 Dec 2020...' applies to all existing bookings as well?
#957469 by zjc
07 Oct 2020, 08:09
Ahh Thanks!

Looks like they must have changed it after I looked yesterday!

Looks like for Destination changes you don't benefit from no fees on the change which is a little annoying but now have to argue with the TA for them to follow Virgin's policy.
#957492 by Q_Division
08 Oct 2020, 13:54
I've just spotted this and I find it "strange" that it only covers up 31 Aug 2021. Given the 11 month booking window why wouldn't they tie it to that as presumably the "goal" is to give people "confidence" in booking "early".