This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957764 by Christo
24 Oct 2020, 15:47
I wonder if anyone might know the answer...

We had UC flights originally booked (directly through Virgin Atlantic) for May 2020 LGW-ANU. In March we moved them to end October (next week) and then in August (realising that certain borders were still not going to be open) we moved them again to May 2021.

For various reasons its now looking increasingly unlikely that our trip will be able to go ahead next May.

My question is...would we be eligible for a refund if we requested this from Virgin now?

Any advice gratefully received as ever.
#957768 by mitchja
25 Oct 2020, 10:39
In all honesty I cannot see VS allowing you a refund if you cancel your flight (unless of course VS themselves cancel it).

They *may* allow you another re-book but even then you have already done that twice now which is technically the current maximum.

The flexible re-book window for bookings made before the end of this year has now been extended to 31st Aug 2021 and rebooking is allowed upto 31st Dec 2022 which allows upto 2 date changes or 1 name change (details can be found here).

A far as I'm aware as soon as you re-book a flight, the re-booked ticket rules over-ride everything else and the initial refund option disappears unfortunately.

All I can suggest you do is contact VS and just see if they are willing to be flexible with you. The way things are going though, I would like to think they may well be!
#957797 by Christo
27 Oct 2020, 09:02
Thanks Mitchja

I feared that might be the case! I have opened a chat with Virgin through WhatsApp and will see what happens...