This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957848 by Always after a deal
31 Oct 2020, 18:21
Hi looking for some help.
I phoned Virgin Atlantic this afternoon and asked about using my Virgin Atlantic Credit Card Voucher for a return flight from LHR to ATL and then home from JFK to LHR. The outbound flight is with Delta and the return flight is with Virgin Atlantic. The booking agent said that was fine to book using the voucher. I also got a price for 2 Extra seats for comfort, my family has long legs. The agent gave me a price, just as I said let's book it I got cut off by Virgin. So another hour of waiting on hold, I got through to another agent who told me I couldn't use a companion voucher on a Delta flight and that I also could not buy an extra seat through Virgin for the Delta flight and gave me the cost of buying a one way fare for the return flight and told me I would need to contact Delta for the extra seats for the way out.
So I ended up by booking onto Virgin Atlantic flights both ways, but this has cost me £320 more than the first agent was going to charge me. So my question is who was right the first or second agent.

edit by mod for clarity.......Nick
#957856 by VS0069
01 Nov 2020, 23:40
Hello there,

Per the T’s & C’s looks like the second agent was correct regarding the companion.

4.4.8 Upgrade Rewards and Companion Rewards are not valid on codeshare flights. Applicable flights must have a “VS” prefix and be operated by VAA.

The second agent is also correct about the extra seat process. A friend of mine had this scenario last year with his Cello and we ended up getting seperate flights outbound as it would have cost me a little more than I was willing to pay to move from the DL flight to the earlier VS flight.

VS0069 :cool: