This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958061 by David
23 Nov 2020, 07:56
https://www.virginatlantic.com/content/ ... riday.html

Massive sale. 50% off all redemption seats JFK 47500 return in upper.

Upper seats on sale from £999

50% bonus on miles bought

Book up to October 2021

Enjoy

David
#958066 by Q_Division
23 Nov 2020, 16:39
I foolish booked a flight a couple of weeks ago on miles+voucher. I'm now wondering if it's worth the hassle of rebooking but I have no idea how quickly I could reuse the voucher and presumbly it'll cost me the £30 fee.
#958067 by Louie84x
23 Nov 2020, 16:42
I don’t suppose anyone knows if you can use the 50% off rewards sale in conjunction with the VA credit card companion voucher? Supposed to be working so haven’t read all the T&C’s yet, but just saw the email and couldn’t resist a quick look!!
#958068 by CommanderB
23 Nov 2020, 16:54
Q_Division wrote:I foolish booked a flight a couple of weeks ago on miles+voucher. I'm now wondering if it's worth the hassle of rebooking but I have no idea how quickly I could reuse the voucher and presumbly it'll cost me the £30 fee.

Might be worth it. But be ready to spend 90+ minutes on hold before getting through ;-(
#958072 by mitchja
23 Nov 2020, 21:38
MpM Upper Class return flight to SFO for ~£500 for June 2021 - why not :-)

VS also still offering COVID-19 flexibility for all flights booked up to the end of 2020 (so far).
#958073 by ColOrd
24 Nov 2020, 01:04
I already had a really good deal on a trip to New York in April £1200 in Upper.

Added in Miami £1000 flight and £700 for 5 nights in the Royal Palm Miami!

Taking the bestie to Seattle (a trip we had planned to do this year but is now next year) on the half milage deal. We want to go via LAX , he goes back direct from Seattle and I continue down to San Fran and LA for a little bit!
#958079 by gumshoe
24 Nov 2020, 10:48
ian448 wrote:Typical of my luck !! Thats £500 down the pan , just booked LHR/BGI last week , oh for a crystal ball .

I’m not sure one needs a crystal ball to predict Black Friday.

But I acknowledge you couldn’t predict what, if any, the offer would be - particularly this year.
#958080 by Always after a deal
24 Nov 2020, 11:28
Rang Virgin last night, said I could cancel my flights I had already booked at a fee of £30 per ticket then rebook at low price. Our tickets are book with reward points. Refund for original tickets would take 14 days. Did wait about 90 minutes to get through. Hope this info helps others.
#958081 by Murraymint
24 Nov 2020, 11:35
Just managed to cancel my VH Fly/Drive for next April/May in Florida and booked UC Reward seats with VS (same flights) and same car with Alamo through Auto Europe in the Black Friday sale. Even with the loss of VH deposit, I’m still almost £2k better off. Fingers crossed we’ll be back to flying by then.
#958083 by jilly
24 Nov 2020, 13:38
Louie84x wrote:I don’t suppose anyone knows if you can use the 50% off rewards sale in conjunction with the VA credit card companion voucher? Supposed to be working so haven’t read all the T&C’s yet, but just saw the email and couldn’t resist a quick look!!

You can use the credit card reward, I've just done it. Two UC flights for 52,400 miles plus taxes.

Jill
#958091 by Louie84x
24 Nov 2020, 20:47
Thank you Jill, good to hear, that’s such a good deal!!

I’m trying to figure out what to do, we have reward upper class flights to Mumbai booked for Jan20 but that’s not happening. Ideally want to shift them to Jan21 but it’s too far out, I’m wondering if they’d let us move them to say Sep/Oct on the sale price (or just rebook new ones and get refund) and then once the Jan21 flights have been released, pay the £30 admin fee to move them. Have asked on WhatsApp but aware they are pretty busy

Failing that we may just have to try and squeeze in a Vegas trip before Oct, I feel like I have to try and book something out of this sale! :)
#958092 by ScoobySu
24 Nov 2020, 22:26
Always after a deal wrote:Rang Virgin last night, said I could cancel my flights I had already booked at a fee of £30 per ticket then rebook at low price. Our tickets are book with reward points. Refund for original tickets would take 14 days. Did wait about 90 minutes to get through. Hope this info helps others.

Ditto - just done the same! I'd re-booked our cancelled May trip last week :-O After just over two hours on the phone tonight - of which one and a half was on hold - all cancelled & rebooked :-) My agent even managing to grab the reward seats in UC to LAS back for me so we didn't have to change the date ;-) Saved 135k miles too!
#958095 by jilly
25 Nov 2020, 01:06
Ditto - just done the same! I'd re-booked our cancelled May trip last week :-O After just over two hours on the phone tonight - of which one and a half was on hold - all cancelled & rebooked :-) My agent even managing to grab the reward seats in UC to LAS back for me so we didn't have to change the date ;-) Saved 135k miles too![/quote]

As said previously, I managed to book with the offer of reduced miles and cc voucher discount which was a new booking.

However, at the same time I asked the agent if I could re-book my February trip with the new offer and change the dates. I'd booked that with miles (a cancelled April 20 trip) and doubt it will go ahead - I'm booked to MCO for 4 Feb 21 and looks like they're not even scheduled to re-start until 5 Feb anyway.

She said she would have to get authorization to do this and book with the new offer. Supposed to call me back by 5pm but didn't. Your experience seems to confirm that it is possible and I am happy to pay the taxes again and wait for a refund but don't have enough miles for a re-booking so would I have to wait for those to be credited back first?

Jilly
#958096 by ScoobySu
25 Nov 2020, 02:44
jilly wrote: Your experience seems to confirm that it is possible and I am happy to pay the taxes again and wait for a refund but don't have enough miles for a re-booking so would I have to wait for those to be credited back first?

Hi Jilly

We went through the following steps:

Put new flights into a booking so they were held - albeit the outbound was the day before our original booking but at least they were secured in case the original flights didn’t go back into the reward pool
    Cancelled original booking - miles were back in our accounts instantly, advised approximately seven days for the “taxes & fees” elements less the £30 pp fee
    Agent F5’ed for about 10 minutes until our original outbound dates reappeared :-D
    Agent took payment for new booking

Hope this helps and you get your tickets!
#958100 by jilly
25 Nov 2020, 11:15
ScoobySu wrote:
Hi Jilly

We went through the following steps:

Put new flights into a booking so they were held - albeit the outbound was the day before our original booking but at least they were secured in case the original flights didn’t go back into the reward pool
    Cancelled original booking - miles were back in our accounts instantly, advised approximately seven days for the “taxes & fees” elements less the £30 pp fee
    Agent F5’ed for about 10 minutes until our original outbound dates reappeared :-D
    Agent took payment for new booking

Hope this helps and you get your tickets!

Thank you. I'll give her until early afternoon to call me back otherwise I'll get in line again.

Jilly
#958104 by ScoobySu
25 Nov 2020, 13:00
ian448 wrote:Im presuming all those that have been able to cancel for £30 were on flexible tickets , just spoke to virgin and been told mine is non refundable :-(

Hi Ian

Yes our booking was a miles redemption so flexible for a £ 30 pp change fee.
#958108 by Lindsk
25 Nov 2020, 18:00
Has anyone taken the Allianz insurance out when booking?

I have just booked LHR - MCO for May for the excellent £999 price UC (doubt we will be able to go in May and have the holiday we would want, but it gives us the chance to change the booking to November when things may be nearer where they used to be) and VA to cover £350 of each of our tickets when the price goes up.

Now not sure what to do about insurance - it looks like other insurers are starting to cover Covid 19 for less than the Allianz insurance, so am interested in your thoughts.

Any advice welcome as ever :cool:
#958111 by Cat_H
25 Nov 2020, 18:29
I had already booked reward flights of PE LHR-MBJ return back in August (for June 21).

I was able to upgrade again for 40k miles and £77 in extra tax! I'm well pleased as I was worried that I would have to cancel and rebook!
#958112 by mitchja
25 Nov 2020, 18:30
Lindsk wrote:Has anyone taken the Allianz insurance out when booking?

Now not sure what to do about insurance - it looks like other insurers are starting to cover Covid 19 for less than the Allianz insurance, so am interested in your thoughts.

Any advice welcome as ever :cool:

I didn't bother as although I just skimmed over the text when I booked, it just sounded like a standard travel insurance policy to me?

Edit - just found this about VS's COVID-19 cover:

Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cover Guide
Cover is only available for journeys that include a Virgin Atlantic Airways flight ticket.
Cover will end on 1st April 2021, even if this is part way through your journey, unless you have purchased a Virgin Atlantic UK travel insurance policy before this date and this is valid for the full duration of your journey. This policy will then cover you during those specific trip dates. The Virgin Atlantic UK travel insurance policy is only available if you are a resident of the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man..

I have annual travel insurance with my Nationwide Flex Plus account (although they have recently updated their policy stating that from Jan 2021 they will not cover anything COVID-19 related).
Virgin Atlantic