This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958241 by mitchja
03 Dec 2020, 15:40
This was rumoured a few months ago, however, it's now confirmed.

Virgin Money will be closing their online web account access for all credit cards including VS branded cards from January 2021.

The Virgin Money credit card app will carry on as normal. Anyone still using online account access will need to download and start using the app from January.

More details can be found here
#958253 by mitchja
04 Dec 2020, 01:22
Martin5192 wrote:Does this mean we cannot access through the Virgin Atlantic site ?

Indeed it does. You can pretty much do everything via the app now as it’s has gradually been updated with new features.

Anyone without a smartphone will need to either setup a direct debit or set-up a faster payment via your bank to pay your monthly statements from January. Details of how to set these up can be found on the back of paper statements or included with downloadable PDF statements.
#958394 by mitchja
11 Dec 2020, 14:34
If you don't use a Smartphone, you only option is to ask for paper statements (if you don't already receive them) and pay using either direct debit, faster payment, over-the-counter or by post as detailed in the 'Making a Payment' section of your monthly statements:

Making a payment

Direct Debit
The easiest way to pay is by Direct Debit. To set up, amend or cancel a Direct Debit, simply sign in to Online Services at virginatlantic.com/mycreditcard or call us on 0800 085 3210. When you first set up a Direct Debit you will need to make sure you continue to pay your Minimum Payment as normal, until we let you know it is active. Your Direct Debit will credit your account on your payment date. Please remember, we will still collect your Direct Debit even if you make additional payments.

Using your bank account
> Internet or telephone banking – To make a payment you will need our sort code 40-64-25, bank account number 41320424 and use your 16-digit credit card number as your payment reference. Please use these details to make sure your payment is received by us and not delayed. Your payment will usually be applied to your account within two hours of reaching us.

> Over the counter at your branch – Cash payments - If you are planning to pay this way, you will need to complete a Bank Giro Credit and you should make the payment at least four business days before your payment date. Please note you might be charged a fee for paying this way. Your payment will be applied to your account on the business day we receive cleared funds.

> Over the counter at your branch – Cheque payments - Your payment will be applied to your account on the business day that we receive cleared funds. Please note you might be charged a fee for paying this way.

At a Virgin Money Store or by post
> At a Virgin Money Store – Cash payments can be made at some Virgin Money Stores. Simply take your completed Bank Giro Credit to your nearest Virgin Money Store. For cash payments your payments will usually reach us within two hours. Virgin Money Stores do not accept cheques but these can be sent in via post as detailed below. Visit virginmoney.com for Store opening hours.

> By post – We only accept cheques. Please do not send cash. Please make the cheque payable to Virgin Money, followed by your 16-digit credit card number. Please write your full name and address on the back and send it together with a completed Bank Giro Credit to Virgin Money Credit Card Payments, PO Box 492, Jubilee House, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 9FL. If you are planning to pay this way please post your cheque at least seven business days before your payment is due to make sure it reaches us on time, and can clear on time. Your payment will be applied to your account on the business day that we receive cleared funds.

To request paper statements, you can either log into your online account via a website before the end of Jan 21 and go to 'Services' then 'Manage Your Statement options' and then untick the box that says 'I do not want to receive paper statements' or by phoning customer services on 0800 085 3210
#958431 by Vegascrazy
13 Dec 2020, 11:26
I have the Virgin Money card and the Virgin Atlantic card but Virgin Money phone agent told me months ago that I can only access one via the app and the other would have to be web. So I have Virgin Atlantic on my app and Virgin Money on web. How will this work if they are pulling the web access and the app only allows one?
#958432 by mitchja
13 Dec 2020, 11:36
From the FAQ section:

I have multiple cards how do I manage my accounts?
Right now you can only manage one card in the app. We recommend you register your main card, and keep managing your other one in Online Service for the time being. We’re working on a new feature to allow you to have more than one card in the app, and we’ll be in touch when this is ready to go.
#958503 by Q_Division
17 Dec 2020, 17:03
This is stupid (imo), the app doesn't do everything the site does, off the top of my head I'm thinking multiple cards (which has been pointed out) and downloading transactions. It makes some things more "difficult", such as payments and downloading statements (as in I now have to download to my phone and transfer to my PC).

It feels like a misguided cost cutting exercise and I'm now wondering if I need to look for an alternative card.
#958763 by Hev60
08 Jan 2021, 14:53
Hi. I downloaded the VM app back in December on my iPad.

Today I needed to check my credit card payment via my iPhone as I was out of the house.

By downloading the app on the iPhone, it tells me I now cannot use the app on any other device!

Just tried to access my account on the iPad and yes access denied,

It’s bad enough people cannot use two cards on the app but for goodness sake, surely we should be able to use the App on two devices. This is the 21st century >-(
#958901 by Silver Fox
14 Jan 2021, 17:40
Q_Division wrote:This is stupid (imo), the app doesn't do everything the site does, off the top of my head I'm thinking multiple cards (which has been pointed out) and downloading transactions. It makes some things more "difficult", such as payments and downloading statements (as in I now have to download to my phone and transfer to my PC).

It feels like a misguided cost cutting exercise and I'm now wondering if I need to look for an alternative card.

Not only that, but I am more likely to lose my phone than my laptop, and then I am pretty much screwed. I don't like this kind of penny pinching and really don't get this one.
#958906 by Hev60
15 Jan 2021, 00:14
This planned action by Virgin Money takes the word “stupid” to a whole new level!!

I contacted VM via their message service regarding the issue of putting the App on either iPad or iPhone.

In replying, they actually phoned me on my landline because ironically the app cannot receive messages, this can only happen on the online account :-O

So the advisor said she fully understands the dilemma we are all facing and says they are working flat out to get the App fully operational before they turn off the online system. Needless to say I respectfully pointed out that in business a company normally has all the necessary components in place prior to making changes!

In the meantime whilst I wait for appropriate action, our BA Amex is taking quite a hit ;-)
#959219 by Hev60
27 Jan 2021, 11:24
mitchja wrote:With today's latest app update, you can now (apparently) add and manage supplementary cards to the VM credit card app.

(I don't have a supplementary card here so I can't actually test it.)

I’ve just updated the App as requested when I opened my current VM app so hope this is good news for those with extra cards to manage. However I still could not add the App on another devices, ridiculous :-O
#959224 by VS075
27 Jan 2021, 13:20
I opened the App this morning after updating it. The first thing that popped up after logging in was a notice asking me to add another card if I wanted. I skipped that step as I don't have another card with Virgin Money, but it would seem the functionality is now there.
#959232 by G-VROY
27 Jan 2021, 13:57
Hi Martin5192,

I have actually gone through the route of saving Virgin Money as a payee from my bank account as I've had no luck.

I now pay from my bank directly to Virgin Money using my card no as the ref.

Usually clears in about 2 hours.

Not ideal but have found it works for me.

Hopefully they can improve some of the functionality!
Virgin Atlantic