This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958307 by 15isto2
07 Dec 2020, 14:36
DoorsToAuto on youtube has posted a review of an LHR to Barbados UC trip, well worth a look to see how the in flight service has changed. Also a 2 hour wait at UC check in and what looks like complete chaos in the terminal!
#958310 by ian448
07 Dec 2020, 15:35
having watched the video Ive personally formed the opinion that any paid upper class flight under the current restrictions is not very good value for money. No clubhouse , appaling meal service / quality by the look of it and very limited drinks service. Think I'll save my hard earned and stay with premium until restrictions are eased.
#958318 by ColOrd
07 Dec 2020, 17:49
Not to duplicate threads, but I'm not sure how much VS can be blamed for the issues at T2. LHR need to sort it out sooner rather than later as Christmas travel is only a few weeks away and those scenes on worella's video are not acceptable.
#958344 by sky0000547
09 Dec 2020, 13:13
My parents went to HKG in UC back in November. It was during the second lockdown so no lounge at all at the airport. There were only 3 in UC and 39 passengers on the whole flight. They had the whole ‘A’ side UC to themselves. The cabin crew made the bed for them on the next seat so they can sleep or sit whenever they want. The pre-packaged food was apparently so awful they didn’t had any for the whole flight and the cabin crew gave them a bottle of bubbly to take home to apologise. The crew were brilliant thought.
#958353 by CBRLondon
10 Dec 2020, 02:38
To respond to the past couple of comments (I was on the same VS flight to BGI).

The mess at check was the airports’ fault, every airline in T2 was impacted. The LHR team were running around trying to help, but they were overwhelmed. Far too many people in not enough space. I see from Twitter that on the same day that lots of people at T5 (the only other open terminal had similar problems).

The VS staff at the gate and on the plane handled it well and they delayed the departure until everyone had cleared security. Yes, it’s not the full Upper service, but you can get Upper flights at a fraction of the normal price ( booked LAX for Easter in J for less than £1k).

Now in Barbados, I have to say that it is wonderful. Warm, sunny, everything is open. Very few Covid cases. Typing this I am listening to a combination of the waves and some live music. Yes, travelling at the moment is a bit of a faff, but it’s worth it.
Virgin Atlantic