This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958660 by ColOrd
01 Jan 2021, 22:25
Hi Guys

Currently I'm Silver (dropped back to Silver just before Covid hit!) and am on 600tps.

The 600 were acquired as part of the refunds deal they offered - whereby you were offered miles and TP's instead of taking refunds.

I have now booked Barbados for April (which was originally New York, but I've decided to change it as I think BGI has a much higher chance of being able to go ahead in April). When I was changing it with VH, my flight out was a Z class and return was an I. I had to ring them later to sort out a friends booking and after a quick call turns out it was only an extra £90 to make the outbound an I class too! Netting me a total of 200tps per sector, so 400 for the trip +600 Bobs your uncle and I'm back in the AU Club!

BUT do I recall that a certain number of sectors have to be on VS metal? I can't find it anywhere on the website, and I am hoping that 2 will be enough, or was this requirement changed when they updated Flying Club a couple of years back?
#958661 by gumshoe
01 Jan 2021, 22:27
I don’t recall VS ever having such a requirement. You might be thinking of BA, which does? Or maybe Lifetime Gold, for which the requisite TPs had to be earned on VS metal?