This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958668 by shaneg17
02 Jan 2021, 09:02
Hi all

Firstly HNY to you all

Sadly we didn’t make it to NYC in December - a bit gutted that we didn’t get to try out the A350 UC cabin but our day will come.

I’m now moving on to a family trip to Orlando in the latter part of next year. Currently VS booking notes the A332 as the operating aircraft and I wanted to ask what is the likelihood of that playing out in reality? I have seen these planes will disappear in short order (and maybe a couple have gone already)?

I ask because the layout is very different to an A330 so would they simply just bring in one of these to replace on this ‘leisure’ route?

Thanks

Shane
#958669 by ColOrd
02 Jan 2021, 09:24
Officially only 1 has retired. I am increasingly doubtful they will return at all!
#958688 by FLYERZ
03 Jan 2021, 20:33
I wonder whether the recent foray into cargo ops would tempt Virgin to use those older A330-200s or any aircraft for that matter as permanent cargo ops? I have no clue how profitable it is for VS or whether its just a 'next best alternative' to PAX flights given the current environment.
#958738 by Q_Division
06 Jan 2021, 10:48
I've spotted the same thing and was surprised to see it there, I'm currently trying to work around it but even that's a "risk" as planes do change. That said I'm hoping that they change from the A332 rather than to it.