This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960308 by ColOrd
01 Apr 2021, 08:37
Any source for this?
#960309 by Murraymint
01 Apr 2021, 08:43
747G-VXLG wrote:Virgin Atlantic have retired all A330-200s and A330-300s with immediate effect. They will operate on a fleet of just B789s and A35Ks. The A339 order has also been cancelled.

April Fool perhaps ??
#960311 by ColOrd
01 Apr 2021, 10:01
I sincerely hope this is NOT an April Fools, because if it is I will be reporting it to Pete as an Admin for this site as its tasteless!

VS have shed 5000 colleagues over the last year, and their will be line maintenance and flight deck crew who are specific to the 330 fleet who would be affected by this and their roles put at risk and I would hope sincerely that someone didnt think this would be a funny April fools joke.
Last edited by ColOrd on 01 Apr 2021, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
#960312 by Murraymint
01 Apr 2021, 10:15
ColOrd wrote:I sincerely hope this is NOT an April Fools, because if it is I will be reporting it to Pete as an Admin for this site as its tasteless!

VS have shed 5000 colleagues over the last year, and their will be line maintenance and flight deck crew who are specific to the 330 fleet who would be affected by this and their roles put at risk and I would hope sincerely that someone didnt think this would be a funny April fools joke!

Agreed. I was actually on the phone to Virgin this morning and the agent mentioned that there had been loads of jokes around but he hadn’t heard of this one.
#960313 by 747G-VXLG
01 Apr 2021, 10:50
ColOrd wrote:I sincerely hope this is NOT an April Fools, because if it is I will be reporting it to Pete as an Admin for this site as its tasteless!

VS have shed 5000 colleagues over the last year, and their will be line maintenance and flight deck crew who are specific to the 330 fleet who would be affected by this and their roles put at risk and I would hope sincerely that someone didnt think this would be a funny April fools joke.

Murraymint wrote:

VS have shed 5000 colleagues over the last year, and their will be line maintenance and flight deck crew who are specific to the 330 fleet who would be affected by this and their roles put at risk and I would hope sincerely that someone didnt think this would be a funny April fools joke!

Agreed. I was actually on the phone to Virgin this morning and the agent mentioned that there had been loads of jokes around but he hadn’t heard of this one.

I’m so sorry. That’s the last time I let my son use this account. I’m so disappointed that he’d say something like that. I’ve removed as much of the post as I can. I’m so sorry for any offence he has caused.
#960314 by ColOrd
01 Apr 2021, 10:58
You have posted quite a lot of good info on the 330 fleet in recent weeks which led me to believe you had some kind of inside track on this.

You then let your son use your accoount at a few mins past midnight to post on a topic you are very active on? Just fess up and admit you made an error of judgement!
#960315 by 747G-VXLG
01 Apr 2021, 11:35
ColOrd wrote:You have posted quite a lot of good info on the 330 fleet in recent weeks which led me to believe you had some kind of inside track on this.

You then let your son use your accoount at a few mins past midnight to post on a topic you are very active on? Just fess up and admit you made an error of judgement!

This isn’t the only time my son has posted on here. He has all the account details. He is an aviation enthusiast and loves Virgin, like everyone on this forum! I wasn’t aware he had logged on this morning. My son has got a learning disability so he doesn’t always think before he says something.
I would not have posted that post because I know how hard it has been for Virgin to get themselves through a pandemic with very little help. So I have not made an error in judgement and my son is very sorry. If you still don’t believe my previous comments, feel free to get in touch with me.
#960316 by mattyp
01 Apr 2021, 12:04
Agreed - I highly doubt this was your son, but a massive error of judgment.

I sincerely think that Admin should consider a block on this account.

Totally inappropriate.
#960319 by ken54
01 Apr 2021, 13:34
I agree this is not funny in anyway, when you look at all the people that have lost there jobs and all the lives afflicted, in very bad taste
#960320 by G-VROY
01 Apr 2021, 14:02
It was most definitely in poor taste and totally inappropriate, but I don't think a ban is necessary.

Educate rather than banish.

They've clearly made an error of judgement, but they are relatively new to the forum.

The user has also contributed well over the last few months, if not always in the correct format etc, but has on the whole I feel, added value to the forum.

I for one, would be sad for a user to be banned for a 'first offence'.

I know this forum is very understanding and it's been a tough time for all concerned.

For a poster that clearly has a passion for all things VS, it would be a shame for them to lose their platform and a shame for us to lose their (accurate) posts.

Perhaps some parental controls wouldn't go a miss, however.. ;-)

I'm sure a considerate resolution will be found.

Happy Easter to All.

Cheers,

G-VROY
#960321 by ColOrd
01 Apr 2021, 18:40
I totally agree G-VROY, I think it was a daft post totally, I'm really sorry 747G-VXLG but I really don't buy the story about your son, I think it was just an error of judgement, and you'll never convince me otherwise, that being said, you clearly understood the potential implications, I know as fact that there are VS Staffers who are ghosts in this forum, and do sometimes take stuff off this forum it's turned into Galley FM and vice versa, hence my original concerns. Again this all being said, you understood my point, removed the post, apologised and I hope we can all move on with no further drama?
#960324 by mattyp
01 Apr 2021, 19:45
ColOrd wrote:I totally agree G-VROY, I think it was a daft post totally, I'm really sorry 747G-VXLG but I really don't buy the story about your son, I think it was just an error of judgement, and you'll never convince me otherwise, that being said, you clearly understood the potential implications, I know as fact that there are VS Staffers who are ghosts in this forum, and do sometimes take stuff off this forum it's turned into Galley FM and vice versa, hence my original concerns. Again this all being said, you understood my point, removed the post, apologised and I hope we can all move on with no further drama?

+1

I was maybe a bit hasty in suggesting a ban - we all make errors of judgement sometimes. It was the impact that this post could have had on any VS staff reading the thread which irritated me.

Happy Easter all.
#960325 by 747G-VXLG
01 Apr 2021, 20:07
ColOrd wrote:I totally agree G-VROY, I think it was a daft post totally, I'm really sorry 747G-VXLG but I really don't buy the story about your son, I think it was just an error of judgement, and you'll never convince me otherwise, that being said, you clearly understood the potential implications, I know as fact that there are VS Staffers who are ghosts in this forum, and do sometimes take stuff off this forum it's turned into Galley FM and vice versa, hence my original concerns. Again this all being said, you understood my point, removed the post, apologised and I hope we can all move on with no further drama?

Yes, we can 100% move on. I know you don’t believe the story, but I will be implementing parental controls to prevent anything like this from happening again.

Have a good long Easter weekend everyone!
#960387 by 747G-VXLG
04 Apr 2021, 22:30
Does anyone have any updates on G-VINE? She has been down at Heathrow for maintenance a lot longer than all of the other A333s. Is she supposed to be going back to service?
#960593 by 747G-VXLG
16 Apr 2021, 21:03
G-VGEM has been receiving maintenance on her engines today. This could be a sign that this aircraft could be the next to return to service along with the fact that GEM especially has had a lot of maintenance done recently.
#960610 by 747G-VXLG
19 Apr 2021, 19:05
As previously speculated, G-VGEM has been reactivated and has just flown from MAN-LHR as VS809P. I expect this aircraft will return to service in the next couple of weeks due to the big amount of maintenance she has had recently.
#960617 by 747G-VXLG
20 Apr 2021, 21:35
Over the next few weeks the A330s will operate the following routes:
LHR-LOS - 7 weekly passenger service
LHR-JFK - 7 weekly cargo service
LHR-ORD 7 weekly cargo service
LHR-MXP 7 weekly cargo service

The flights will be operated by the following:
G-VGEM
G-VINE
G-VSXY
G-VWAG

The following will remain in storage at Manchester for the time being:
G-VRAY
G-VUFO
G-VNYC
G-VGBR
G-VKSS
G-VLUV
G-VMIK
G-VWND

The status of G-VLNM (currently stored at Dresden) is unknown.
#960621 by 747G-VXLG
20 Apr 2021, 22:47
G-VINE has just become the 3rd A330-300 to return to service this evening as VS411Y to Lagos.
Last edited by 747G-VXLG on 27 Apr 2021, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
#960688 by 747G-VXLG
27 Apr 2021, 18:45
G-VGEM has just become the 4th A330-300 to return to service this afternoon operating today’s LHR-BRU-LHR cargo rotation as VS505/506.
#960764 by 747G-VXLG
05 May 2021, 14:07
G-VLNM has left Dresden storage and is on her way to Heathrow as VS820P.
#960816 by 747G-VXLG
10 May 2021, 19:26
G-VLNM has just arrived at Manchester as VS809p meaning that the entire A330-200 fleet is now at Manchester.
#960838 by 747G-VXLG
11 May 2021, 19:09
A333s have now taken over the LHR-ORD cargo route.
G-VGEM operated the first A333 VS539 today.
#960908 by 747G-VXLG
20 May 2021, 16:54
G-VLUV positioned MAN-DRS yesterday for maintenance and a routine landing gear change. This means that this will probably be the next aircraft to re-enter service.
#961098 by 747G-VXLG
12 Jun 2021, 11:58
G-VWND has left Manchester storage this morning for maintenance at Dresden (this should be a routine landing gear change). G-VWND will be swapping places with G-VLUV. G-VLUV will be positioning to Manchester later on in the late afternoon for further storage.

At the moment, no more A330s are meant to be returning to service any time soon, but I suspect that when more flights start they will be flying the cargo routes while the 789s and the A350s fly the passenger routes.
Virgin Atlantic