This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960184 by Virgin AU Flyer
22 Mar 2021, 15:14
Good afternoon. We had a long standing flight booked for early May to LAX. Due to travel restrictions we are not able to fly but I have been waiting for any flight update or cancellation to come thru. Over the weekend we had a flight schedule change notification. The outbound flight is moving to the next day’s later flight so a change of over 24 hours. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to a refund for this change, or just a credit or a revised booking?
Thanks for any help
#960185 by mitchja
22 Mar 2021, 15:25
Yes, anything more than 3 hours difference from the original scheduled departure time entitles you to a full refund with VS.

You will need to contact who ever you originally booked with to request the refund.

Whilst this is from VS Trade, it still applies to direct bookings as well:
Non-Refundable Ticket 

You can refund a non-refundable ticket(s) when there has been a Virgin Atlantic schedule change if one or more of the following apply:
* A change in the routing of a scheduled Virgin Atlantic flight adds one or more stops to the original itinerary.
* A change causes a misconnect on a through ticket
* A change of three or more hour occurs

I got a full refund via Expedia last year for my FLL flights when VS did a similar thing and changed the LHR>ATL leg to the next day.