This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960290 by matt.hibb
04 Nov 2022, 14:14
Someone recently posted a few links that are useful ahead of a flight. Specifically I'm interested in the upper meal pre order. I'm inside 48 hours now and still nothing.

Can anyone share it again please?
#960301 by mitchja
04 Nov 2022, 15:25
https://preselect.virginatlantic.com

For info, here are the current Upper Class USA on-board menus (more options are available when pre-selecting)

Departing UK

Starters
Chicken parfait - with an apricot chutney and crostini.
Textures of beetroot - with goat's cheese mousse (v).

served with a selection of breads

Mains
Chicken and wild mushroom pie - with colcannon mash, garden vegetables and a red wine sauce.
Miso and Sesame crusted salmon - with sweet potato puree, boy choi and a honey and ginger sauce.
Vegetable korma - with Gujarati green beans, jeera pilau rice and paratha (v).

Deserts
Indulgent Black Forest gateau - with coconut vanilla cream.
Warm sweet brioche bread and butter pudding - with fresh cream (v).

Cheese and Port

Extra Bites
Cream tea - warm plain and fudge scones with clotted cream, salted caramel spread and strawberry jam (v).
Gourmet fish goujons hot sandwich - served with tartare sauce.
Chicken Caesar Club sandwich - served with salted crisps.
Chickpea fritter and vegetable samosa - served with sweet chilli pickle and carrot, cucumber & onion seed salad (v).

Departing USA

Starters
Smoked salmon - with Asian slaw, sriracha mayonnaise, toasted sesame and micro greens.
Farro butternut squash salad - with sweet potato puree, blanched asparagus tips, yellow tomato and frisbee leaves (v).

Mains
Seared chicken breast - with roasted root vegetables mash, wilted kale, thyme-roasted tomato and brandy cream sauce.
Slow-cooked pork shoulder - wit potato, swede and savoy cabbage gratin, bacon wrapped green beans and creamy mushroom sauce.
Three-cheese ravioli - with aubergine and tomato rags, creamy cheese sauce and parmesan (v).

Deserts
Crumble-topped apple and vanilla cheesecake (v).
Warm lava cake (v).

Cheese and Port

Speedy Super - creamed butternut squash and ginger soup served with Wisconsin cheddar cheese on toasted brioche bread (v).

Breaskfast - sorry I didn't make a note of everything for breakfast but from what I remember:
Streaky bacon roll.
Full English

Sides
Warm cinnamon roll
Fruit Plate
#960313 by buns
04 Nov 2022, 21:12
To add to what Mitcha has said, we did not receive an e mail before we left last week, but if you go to “My Booking” you can order from the meal tab there

Buns
#960438 by dmc
16 Nov 2022, 14:05
Interesting, I had a different menu when returning from Austin just over a week ago. Are there different menus depending on departure airport when leaving USA?

Departing USA (Austin)

Starters
Ahi tuna tataki - avocado purée, cucumber dill relish, pickled Fresno chillies and micro rocket leaves.
Roasted yellow beetroot salad - with whipped goat's cheese, pumpernickel dust, spiced pumpkin seeds and a blood orange vinaigrette (v).

Served with a selection of warm artisan breads

Mains
Herb-roasted chicken breast - baby potatoes, buttered carrots, sweet peppers with a thyme-infused demi glaze.
Barbecue pork ribs - steamed green beans, wholegrain mustard mashed potatoes
Caramelised butternut squash steak - creamy butternut squash polenta, sautéed wild mushrooms, chilli lime, pistachio and mint crumbs (v).

Desserts
Almond tart - with cinnamon-spiced whipped cream, almond syrup and a fresh strawberry garnish (v).
Warm bourbon banana bread pudding - with caramel custard, vanilla wafer crumble and fresh mint garnish (v).

Cheese and Port

Speedy Supper - Cream of tomato soup with roasted poblano cheese toastie (v).
#961005 by murphyg
27 Feb 2023, 16:36
mitchja wrote:https://preselect.virginatlantic.com

For info, here are the current Upper Class USA on-board menus (more options are available when pre-selecting)

Departing UK

Starters
Chicken parfait - with an apricot chutney and crostini.
Textures of beetroot - with goat's cheese mousse (v).

Mains
Chicken and wild mushroom pie - with colcannon mash, garden vegetables and a red wine sauce.
Miso and Sesame crusted salmon - with sweet potato puree, boy choi and a honey and ginger sauce.
Vegetable korma - with Gujarati green beans, jeera pilau rice and paratha (v).

Deserts
Indulgent Black Forest gateau - with coconut vanilla cream.
Warm sweet brioche bread and butter pudding - with fresh cream (v).

Cheese and Port

Extra Bites
Cream tea - warm plain and fudge scones with clotted cream, salted caramel spread and strawberry jam (v).
Gourmet fish goujons hot sandwich - served with tartare sauce.
Chicken Caesar Club sandwich - served with salted crisps.
Chickpea fritter and vegetable samosa - served with sweet chilli pickle and carrot, cucumber & onion seed salad (v).

Departing USA

Starters
Smoked salmon - with Asian slaw, sriracha mayonnaise, toasted sesame and micro greens.
Farro butternut squash salad - with sweet potato puree, blanched asparagus tips, yellow tomato and frisbee leaves (v).

Mains
Seared chicken breast - with roasted root vegetables mash, wilted kale, thyme-roasted tomato and brandy cream sauce.
Slow-cooked pork shoulder - wit potato, swede and savoy cabbage gratin, bacon wrapped green beans and creamy mushroom sauce.
Three-cheese ravioli - with aubergine and tomato rags, creamy cheese sauce and parmesan (v).

Deserts
Crumble-topped apple and vanilla cheesecake (v).
Warm lava cake (v).

Cheese and Port

Speedy Super - creamed butternut squash and ginger soup served with Wisconsin cheddar cheese on toasted brioche bread (v).

Breaskfast - sorry I didn't make a note of everything for breakfast but from what I remember:
Streaky bacon roll.
Full English

Sides
Warm cinnamon roll
Fruit Plate

I've been sent my link for a flight later this week, and trying to choose between the butter chicken curry on the preselect or the chicken and mushroom pie. Anybody have thoughts?
#961006 by territt
27 Feb 2023, 16:49
murphyg wrote:
mitchja wrote:
I've been sent my link for a flight later this week, and trying to choose between the butter chicken curry on the preselect or the chicken and mushroom pie. Anybody have thoughts?

They are both bad.
#961007 by murphyg
27 Feb 2023, 16:59
territt wrote:
murphyg wrote:
mitchja wrote:

They are both bad.

Thank you. At least there will be no FOMO and I feel less like my choice matters! Not into fish so that's an easy no.
#961547 by EDIflyer
13 May 2023, 13:20
No email received for flight next week but the preselect address above worked a treat and have got my preorder in. Having to come back BA due to availability and no pre-order option there! Not sure why they don't have the option showing on the main VS manage booking screen though, it only let you select a special meal.
Virgin Atlantic