This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960409 by matt.hibb
11 Nov 2022, 23:30
Flew MAN-MCO-SLC return this week and the lounge experience was quite poor.

In MAN there was at least a 15 minute queue to get in. Seemed to be because the entrance to 1903 is shared with the escape lounge. Once finally in the 1903, it was actually reasonably quiet.

On the return, SLC sky club was full with a massive queue and I was turned away. MCO wasn't far off with barely a free seat.

Well aware it's 1st world problems. But it's not what I'd expect for the price of an I fare with no Saturday night stay.
#960410 by mitchja
12 Nov 2022, 09:46
This is now the new normal with Delta >-(.

I had the same issue at the DL SkyClub International lounge ATL the other week. DL have a serious problem with lounge capacity now at many airports purely because they have far far too many premium FF'ers.

I've also had to queue at JFK T4 SkyClub as well last year.

Also had the same at MAN but that's more down to the poorly deigned single entrance to 2 separate lounges. VS really really need to get their Clubhouse open at MAN.
#960411 by Kraken
12 Nov 2022, 10:57
mitchja wrote:VS really really need to get their Clubhouse open at MAN.

Can't see it happening soon, sadly. "Demand needs to pick up" yet they have slashed the MCO flights by half for a few months of the IATA summer season.

Frequency is what matters for business travel. Doing a NYC a few times a week doesn't tick the box. Business travellers want flexibility (and that doesn't mean via London). Daily flights so if the meeting over-runs, you can rebook onto the following days flight - as you would be on full fare J.