This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960878 by mccad06
14 Feb 2023, 04:20
Happy Valentines Day - Is there any update to the status of the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX. With 4 flights between LAX-LHR this summer it seems like a Clubhouse would be warranted. If I am late to the party with this question my apologies.

Also, any suggestions regarding preferred seats in PE on the 787-9 and 350-1000?

Finally getting back across the pond in May and cannot wait.

Best Regards,
Dan
#960879 by Tfawkes
14 Feb 2023, 11:30
I think the main issue if that the clubhouse was located at Terminal 2 and Virgin are currently operating out of the Tom Bradley terminal.
#960897 by mccad06
15 Feb 2023, 03:30
Thanks, I was not aware they are operating out of Bradley. I was recently at LAX and the flights showed arriving in Terminal 2. Well, it wouldn't be the first time I wrong. Do you if there is a lounge available in Bradley for Virgin passengers?

Thanks again.
#960899 by SDFLYER
15 Feb 2023, 09:32
We are travelling from LAX in May, the VA Website say's that they use the Star Alliance Lounge, it looks very nice!!
#960907 by deep_south
16 Feb 2023, 11:07
cheesebag wrote:Don't get too excited by the StarAlliance lounge, mainly buffet and self service drinks.

When we were there a year ago, wine and beer were self service, we needed to ask to get someone to serve spirits. It is an oasis of calm but does get busy in the evening. The food selection was "adequate"....
#960929 by gbremner
18 Feb 2023, 01:10
I used to love and greatly miss the small but perfect LAX Clubhouse.

The Star Alliance lounge is good, but not a Clubhouse, it’s a large and busy space.

They do have free flow wine and beers, ok buffet, but very bland curry you must always spice up at the ramen station with extra spices, vegetables and herbs. They have a good bar where you can get very nice old fashioned and I assume many different cocktails. Not need to tip, but it’s America so appears the thing to do!

There is also a multiple showers if you need to freshen up. And my favourite spot is the outside garden with fire pits. Grab some snacks, a nice drink and relax in this outside oasis before you flight. It’s usually the quietest spot in the lounge.

So a good lounge, but not on par with the clubhouse.

On this flight regularly and it’s in and out of Tom Bradley. Enjoy your trip.
Virgin Atlantic