This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961028 by AlsirAl
02 Jun 2021, 23:20
Given what’s happened In the last year, nothing is impossible! However I can’t see VS taking on narrow bodies any time soon.

By the time the a333 and 350 all get delivered the global situation will no doubt be more stable but I can’t see how a NB would fit into the route plan.

I’m secretly hoping that they miss the jumbos so much in the future and the a350’s don’t match demand that we see a 777x in VS colours :-D

We can but dream
#961030 by Fuzzy14
03 Jun 2021, 10:36
The A321XLR is good for long and skinny routes to feed into hubs. The main issue with Virgin is they tend not to operate a hub and spoke operation. It would be ideal for feeding into the Delta hub at Atlanta from Manchester and maybe a Scottish airport, but that's on the limit of its range. Would be ideal for Manchester to Boston. So there's a few routes and it could maybe be used to prove a few new ones, but having a small, inflexible non-standard fleet probably won't appeal to them. So I'm going to say no, but expect Delta to replace the 757s with them.
#961044 by amberwest94
04 Jun 2021, 12:53
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have thought about the future of the fleet. With American, Aer Lingus and JetBlue all deploying the new transatlantic narrowbodies on competing routes do we think VS will order some eventually or will they stick to twin isle?
Last edited by mitchja on 04 Jun 2021, 16:57, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Post merged as this is currently being discussed in another thread
#961050 by 747G-VXLG
04 Jun 2021, 22:32
AlsirAl wrote:Given what’s happened In the last year, nothing is impossible! However I can’t see VS taking on narrow bodies any time soon.

By the time the a333 and 350 all get delivered the global situation will no doubt be more stable but I can’t see how a NB would fit into the route plan.

I’m secretly hoping that they miss the jumbos so much in the future and the a350’s don’t match demand that we see a 777x in VS colours :-D

We can but dream

Completely agree about the narrow bodies.
I hope you are right about the 777x. It would look great in VS colours and could really help match demand on leisure routes!
Virgin Atlantic