This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960561 by dmc
08 Dec 2022, 17:55
Same with both VS12 and VS232 this morning (and possibly others), several announcements in the baggage hall about 'technical issues' getting the bags from the aircraft to the hall.

From the Austin flight (VS232) we were waiting at least an hour for the first bag to arrive.

It can be even worse going in the other direction, Austin really isn't able to cope with the number of international arrivals they now have, on arrival they had us stand waiting in a corridor with no seating, water, toilets etc. for over an hour before we were even allowed to enter the baggage hall; they have one baggage room and belt shared between all international arrivals. Happens every time I go there and seems to be getting worse.
#960569 by watson10
11 Dec 2022, 09:26
dmc wrote:...
It can be even worse going in the other direction, Austin really isn't able to cope with the number of international arrivals they now have, on arrival they had us stand waiting in a corridor with no seating, water, toilets etc. for over an hour before we were even allowed to enter the baggage hall; they have one baggage room and belt shared between all international arrivals. Happens every time I go there and seems to be getting worse.

Sorry to hear about your troubles in AUS. It is a small international hall to be sure. With that said, in October this year I flew VS231 and had one of the best experiences I've ever had in a US International arrivals hall. Bags were out in 15 mins and with GE it was a breeze. I guess it depends on the day.
#960570 by dmc
11 Dec 2022, 13:08
watson10 wrote:Bags were out in 15 mins and with GE it was a breeze. I guess it depends on the day.

I think it probably depends on timing - I must have been unlucky with other international arrivals just ahead of us. Good to hear it can be quick sometimes. GE took me under 2 minutes, it just took over an hour to get to that point!
Virgin Atlantic