This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961167 by nickellis13
23 Mar 2023, 21:51
Sorry if this sounds silly, but here goes.

About to take my first flight in J next week for my honeymoon. Was wondering if there is any sort of unwritten/informal dress code for the upper class cabin.

We’re going to the Caribbean, so was planning on a shirt/polo with dress shorts and deck shoes. Then suddenly wondered in shorts in Upper was a bit of a no-no, and I should go chinos instead? Again are shorts acceptable in the clubhouse?

Any advice would be appreciated.
#961168 by CommanderB
23 Mar 2023, 22:09
nickellis13 wrote:Sorry if this sounds silly, but here goes.

About to take my first flight in J next week for my honeymoon. Was wondering if there is any sort of unwritten/informal dress code for the upper class cabin.

We’re going to the Caribbean, so was planning on a shirt/polo with dress shorts and deck shoes. Then suddenly wondered in shorts in Upper was a bit of a no-no, and I should go chinos instead? Again are shorts acceptable in the clubhouse?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've worn shorts in both Upper and the Clubhouse. Necessary in the summer when it's too warm for jeans or trousers.

The only thing I'd say about wearing shorts onboard is that some aircraft can get a little chilly during the flight once the air is circulating. So you may want to pack the chinos in hand luggage. I was flying back from the Middle East once in shorts and t-shirt, got onboard and once we were airborne, realised my mistake.

Enjoy your first flight in Upper. Be sure to tell the crew it's your first too!
#961170 by mikethe3rd
24 Mar 2023, 00:18
Wear what you want. I've sat in the cabin in shorts, jeans, PJs, t-shirts, shirts, baseball caps, trainers, shoes etc... It all depends on what my plans are when I get off the plane on the other side.

Enjoy your first UC experience.
#961171 by AlsirAl
24 Mar 2023, 08:54
Stick with your original plan! You won’t be cold in shorts and will be great full your in them when you get off the other side!

The warm blanket of “UC excitement” / free flowing champagne will keep you warm ;) and there’s a decent soft duvet behind your seat if you need.

Have a great flight / honeymoon
#961179 by EstelleB
25 Mar 2023, 14:51
Thanks for this thread, I was wondering as well, particularly for my son who will not wear anything other than shorts or joggers, though I may manage to get him into a nice polo shirt!

Can't wait now, just hope in our excitement that we don't take advantage of too much of that champagne!
Virgin Atlantic