This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961813 by Gullarm
21 Jun 2023, 19:04
I booked Economy CLASSIC for my wife and I to fly to Las Vegas next year, I looked at the Economy DELIGHT but decided at the time it was a bit too expensive +£350 ish as an extra splurge (we have a few holidays next year – weddings and birthdays abroad that we cant get out of).

The seat booking wasn't available when I booked so I waited till the time came around and loaded up the page and it was showing the Economy DELIGHT as an extra £80 for both of us on the flight out – the return flight seat booking had not been released yet.

So I gave them a ring and upgraded – I actually thought about waiting till the following week to try and upgrade both flights but was advised that prices can change and that's a really good price so why not book it and call back next week for the other flight.

The following week I call back and the return DELIGHT upgrade is £520? The lady I spoke to said that doesn't sound right and call back the following week and check then.

Left it for two and a bit weeks and just phoned and its still £520.

Now I’m totally confused – if I make a new booking its an extra £171 out and £171 back to go from CLASSIC TO DELIGHT so where does the £520 come from.

Is there an email for Virgin I can send to query this – I'm wondering if they are quoting me for the upgrade from DELIGHT to PREMIUM on the flight out which is an additional £595.

I just don’t understand this £520?