This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960958 by RichardPacey
22 Feb 2023, 11:18
I am flying to TPA in March with the family and have a couple of questions -

1. If I check in online 24 hours, is there anything I need to print off (boarding passes)?

2. As our departure is at 16.05, how early could I bag drop at LHR? Could I drop off at 8.30am for example?
#960959 by mitchja
22 Feb 2023, 11:29
Welcome to V:Flyer :)

You don't need to print anything out. If you check-in online using the VS app, that will download and display your boarding passes (and if using iOS, you also get the option to download boarding passes to Apple Wallet). If you check-in online using the full website, that gives you the option to print boarding passes if you want to. Just remember if using boarding passes on mobile devices, those devices are well charged! VS airport check-in still issue paper boarding passes so it's entirely up to you what you do. All you need to start airport check-in is your passport.

Technically, there is no time limit to how soon your can check-in at the airport, however, you don't want to be there too early. 3-4 hours is my maximum time I spend at LHR even when using the VS Clubhouse.
#960960 by RichardPacey
22 Feb 2023, 12:05
mitchja wrote:Welcome to V:Flyer :)
Technically, there is no time limit to how soon your can check-in at the airport, however, you don't want to be there too early. 3-4 hours is my maximum time I spend at LHR even when using the VS Clubhouse.

Planning on dropping my bags off and then heading into London for a couple of hours (coming in from EDI early) - that would be fine then?