This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962008 by SDFLYER
20 Jul 2023, 08:33
We are flying Upper JKF - LHR in September on the last flight out ( 11.00pm ) When we arrive at the airport can we change to an earlier flight if reward seats are available, and does it make any difference if we have checked in on line already?

Thanks,
Steve
#962011 by CommanderB
20 Jul 2023, 09:45
I’ve done that before, specifically at JFK. It wasn’t a problem. You may not even need reward seats because if your flight is busy or overbooked and the one you want to move to isn’t, moving would actually help VS out.

In my experience, if there’s a free seat on the flight you want, they will allow you to move into it at the airport, regardless of if there’s a reward seat.
#962183 by Kraken
15 Aug 2023, 09:17
If you are checking-in hold baggage, then you absolutely need to sort the switch out at check-in. Once your bag is tagged & in the system it will make changing flights somewhat difficult. Cabin baggage only & it's obviously not a problem where you ask about switching flights.
#962186 by SDFLYER
15 Aug 2023, 16:55
Thanks Kraken, it crossed my mind after I posted about the luggage and what a nightmare it might be, I'll keep looking on seat spy and hopefully they will release seats on earlier flights.
Virgin Atlantic