This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962274 by chumba
30 Aug 2023, 02:58
We are travelling MCO - ATL - LHR tomorrow (29th ) and I’ve never travelled via ATL before so I’m after some connection advice please.

Originally was TPA - LHR but due to the hurrIcane VS have rerouted us MCO - ATL - LHR

I’ve looked at the ATL website but it’s not that good, we are arriving at ATL Domestic South A15 and departing again international terminal E27.

There’s a 1hr55min connection time.

What’s the best way to transfer ? I’m hoping bags will be tagged the whole way. And how long should it take to transfer?

We are travelling Delta One so hoping that helps. :-D :-D

Thanks in anticipation
#962275 by mitchja
30 Aug 2023, 03:58
It’s very easy to transfer at ATL especially domestic to International. Your bags should indeed be checked all the way to LHR. There’s no security check points going domestic to International at ATL either. Get off the DL flight then head to the plane train which is on the lower level, just follow the signs to the International terminal and head down the escalators to the plane train platform. The plane train runs every few minutes and stops at every terminal. Once in the international terminal, head up the escalators which brings you out still airside just passed security. You will be absolutely fine with that connection time, even time to visit the Delta Sky Club which is on the upper level (if there’s no queue to get in).

My record time doing a transfer this way at ATL is 15mins (gate to gate).