This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961048 by enigma
05 Mar 2023, 14:33
We have just got our first companion voucher. We are looking to travel upper class LHR-MIA during April 2024 using points plus taxes. The duration between our outbound and inbound flight will be around 3 weeks. If I wait for the return flight to become available around three weeks after the outbound then available seats on this flight may have gone. The only way I can think of to trying to overcome this is to book separate tickets. I have noticed when doing this the overall taxes payable increase by £300 per person. Any advice will be very much appreciated.
#961049 by EstelleB
05 Mar 2023, 15:01
If you call Flying Club and get someone who knows what they are doing, they will put the outbound seats on hold for you until the return flights are released. They then connect these with the return flights to make a return so that you don't pay the extra tax.

If you get someone who says that you can't do this, keep calling until you get someone who says that you can - I do it every time but have had some very unhelful operatives at times!
#961193 by Roer
27 Mar 2023, 15:00
Hi, how did you get on with this? I am in exactly the same situation and have been advised today they can only hold flights for a max of 3 days?