This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962506 by catsilversword
04 Oct 2023, 15:48
This is odd. Looking at the table for number of points needed for UC, it shows Miami, Tampa and Orlando all needing 95k during standard season. Clear enough. Tried a couple of times to do an online booking (after checking available dates) and it shows 175k points needed. Any ideas why?
#962508 by catsilversword
04 Oct 2023, 16:06
Actually, I don’t think it is that simple. Standard reward UC flights do indeed show as 95k, so why are flights showing for many more 1000s of miles, despite being in standard season?
#962509 by daviis
04 Oct 2023, 16:13
It’s probably because they are coming up with indirect flights which need more miles. Direct is definitely 95k in normal season, so if you go further into the request you’ll see it’s going via JFK or ATL etc.
#962515 by catsilversword
05 Oct 2023, 10:14
That’s true for some flights, but not others. I keel checking to make sure I’m within the standard times, and I am. I’ve booked with miles before, though not for a few years, and it seemed far more honest a process at the time. Perhaps honest is the wrong word! Maybe it might just be easier to give flying club a call.
#962518 by Neil
05 Oct 2023, 19:30
I think it’s a bug on the wonderful VS IT system.
I’ve just come here to see if anyone else was having the same issue m, I’m looking at flights and for some reason it is doubling the amount of miles needed when going through to the booking screen.
#962519 by catsilversword
05 Oct 2023, 20:04
I had wondered that. Didn’t get to call flying club today - or rather, didn’t have the time to potentially hang on to get through. Will do so tomorrow.
Virgin Atlantic