This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962544 by David
10 Oct 2023, 10:22
A friend travelling to the US has just applied for and got their ESTA but on the official email, it now offers them the chance (for $6 each) to apply for their i94 in advance and use the CBP One website to help expedite their entry.

I'm on global entry so have no idea if this is a genuine thing or not. I thought the i94 thing was done automatically upon entry.

Has anyone heard of this and if so does it speed up immigration ?

thanks

David
#962545 by mitchja
10 Oct 2023, 11:33
You don’t need to apply for an i94 in advance if arriving by air as it’s done automatically on arrival.

You have the option to apply for an i94 in advance if you plan to arrive in the US via a land boarder i.e. you drive from Canada for example.

See the official i94 website for more details.

You can also use that website to retrieve all your US arrival and departure records.
#962546 by David
10 Oct 2023, 15:44
mitchja wrote:You don’t need to apply for an i94 in advance if arriving by air as it’s done automatically on arrival.

You have the option to apply for an i94 in advance if you plan to arrive in the US via a land boarder i.e. you drive from Canada for example.

See the official i94 website for more details.

You can also use that website to retrieve all your US arrival and departure records.

Thanks James, thats what I thought and then thought they might have been conned with one of these dodgy esta sites but the email offering this for $6 came from the .cbd.dhs.gov site and I thought something might have changed.

They fly into Tampa so shouldn't need to do anything

David