This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961295 by daviis
11 Apr 2023, 20:53
As the title says, it seems since the last time we flew into MCO that all the flight times now leave London so much later.

Have VS lost all their morning and early afternoon take off slots to MCO ?
#961298 by mikethe3rd
12 Apr 2023, 07:44
They’ve just shuffled them around their schedule rather than lost. You may find that early AM departure is back for the winter schedule.

Thanks for posting this btw. I hadn’t realised the the VS135 timings and those time suit us perfectly.
#961299 by Kraken
12 Apr 2023, 09:24
The later flight times for the Summer schedule suit me fine - especially for the return flights. Means we can have much more of a final day in Universal Orlando. Probably more likely to get a few hours sleep (in Upper) with the late departure. The "normal" 6-7pm departure times meant that you were a good 5hrs into the flight before normal bedtime (midnight for us) so you got under 2hrs sleep if you'd asked to be woken for breakfast.
#961304 by Lindsk
12 Apr 2023, 20:09
Our May flight (VS135) is a later one, slightly annoying as we get into MCO around 20:00, but don’t need a hotel the night before, silver lining.

Our Dec one, for now, is still 12:35. I say for now, as the May one has changed several times from a morning flight, so the winter times may well change.
#961308 by daviis
13 Apr 2023, 07:05
I agree that leaving Florida late is great as you now get almost a whole day to enjoy a park and then the pool before heading to the airport. It’s the outbound that’s a pain as not landing till almost 5pm or later effectively means that day is a right off in terms of any night time park going. Landing mid afternoon meant it was easy to go into a theme park, have a light dinner and stay up till about 10pm local time before crashing into bed.
Virgin Atlantic